A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
- Case delayed again for Robeson teacher accused of assaulting student
- Iredell Public Schools teacher accused of soliciting nude photos from teen
- Buncombe teacher sentenced after pleading guilty to sex with student charges
- Keep the articles coming, donate today
Tag Archives: News and Observer
With all the talk about “fake news” as of late, as well as the credibility hit the mainstream media took in the aftermath of the surprise victory of Donald Trump, you’d think news outlets would be taking concrete steps to make improvements in the accuracy of their reporting.
Restoring the trust between readers and journalists by reporting the facts would be a priority, one might conclude. Continue reading
An article by Colin Campbell reads, NC Republicans embrace pro-HB2 religious groups; Democrats distant from NAACP’s Barber.
I am not sure if Campbell realizes how hilarious that headline is to the majority reading it. It’s like saying water is wet and Democrats are allergic to their own dirt.
The article is mainly about the Pro-HB2 rally. Near the end it highlights that Senator Buck Newton spoke at that HB2 Support Rally on Monday, April 25th.
Local media, like Campbell, is making hay over Newton’s comments in an attempt to boost his opponent in the NC Attorney General’s race — former Senator Josh Stein.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Apparently there is a new vacancy in the education non-profit Potemkin Village.
The ‘education non-profit’, NC New Schools is shutting down according to the News and Observer. Continue reading
The headline at News and Observer reads, Teacher pay above $50,000 still wouldn’t be NC’s best ever.
Oh, really? Let’s rate this claim. Continue reading
Gotta love Lt. Governor Dan Forest. He’s been a straight shooter since day one and continues to be. Even in the face of clear media bias and spin, he refuses to back down.
Forest predicted at the January State Board of Education meeting that the media would use this report in a spintastic way.
Dr. Terry Stoops noted that Forest said the report would, “the fuel the media uses for the next year to criticize whatever we’re doing.”
The Lt. Governor’s predication came true.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
An article on Common Core penned by one Andy Overstreet appeared in the News and Observer this weekend. The title was, Creating School Standards that make sense for children.
This article might be behind the pay wall for some readers, but I managed to read the whole thing and I have to say, this is possibly the most arrogant and insulting Common Core article I’ve seen in a while.
KEEP READING… Continue reading