A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Lee County middle school teacher arrested on sex crime charges
- Polk public school teacher arrested on indecent liberties charges
- Johnston Public Schools teacher charged with abusing autistic adult
- Wake County teacher charged with 10 counts of sexual exploitation
- Former Scotland high school teacher charged with indecent liberties, sexual battery
- Raleigh Goddard School owner charged with sex act involving 5 year-old
- Student teacher arrested on 26 charges involving a student
- Third round of charges added to former Guilford substitute teacher
- Iredell teacher arrested after sending ‘sexually explicit’ video to student
- Halifax teacher arrested on indecent liberties charge involving student
Tag Archives: News and Observer
With all the talk about “fake news” as of late, as well as the credibility hit the mainstream media took in the aftermath of the surprise victory of Donald Trump, you’d think news outlets would be taking concrete steps to make improvements in the accuracy of their reporting.
Restoring the trust between readers and journalists by reporting the facts would be a priority, one might conclude. Continue reading
An article by Colin Campbell reads, NC Republicans embrace pro-HB2 religious groups; Democrats distant from NAACP’s Barber.
I am not sure if Campbell realizes how hilarious that headline is to the majority reading it. It’s like saying water is wet and Democrats are allergic to their own dirt.
The article is mainly about the Pro-HB2 rally. Near the end it highlights that Senator Buck Newton spoke at that HB2 Support Rally on Monday, April 25th.
Local media, like Campbell, is making hay over Newton’s comments in an attempt to boost his opponent in the NC Attorney General’s race — former Senator Josh Stein.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Apparently there is a new vacancy in the education non-profit Potemkin Village.
The ‘education non-profit’, NC New Schools is shutting down according to the News and Observer. Continue reading
The headline at News and Observer reads, Teacher pay above $50,000 still wouldn’t be NC’s best ever.
Oh, really? Let’s rate this claim. Continue reading
Gotta love Lt. Governor Dan Forest. He’s been a straight shooter since day one and continues to be. Even in the face of clear media bias and spin, he refuses to back down.
Forest predicted at the January State Board of Education meeting that the media would use this report in a spintastic way.
Dr. Terry Stoops noted that Forest said the report would, “the fuel the media uses for the next year to criticize whatever we’re doing.”
The Lt. Governor’s predication came true.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
An article on Common Core penned by one Andy Overstreet appeared in the News and Observer this weekend. The title was, Creating School Standards that make sense for children.
This article might be behind the pay wall for some readers, but I managed to read the whole thing and I have to say, this is possibly the most arrogant and insulting Common Core article I’ve seen in a while.
KEEP READING… Continue reading