A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Via Google Wallet
SIGN ME UP!
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC Public School Forum Head Doubles Down On Stupid
- MoMo Without The Mojo: Mugshots of 6/11/18 Protesters
- 12 Additional Charges Added For Union County Middle School Teacher
- NC Board of Ed Member: Debating to stand for Pledge of Allegiance is a ‘Waste of Time’
- Cherokee Teacher Arrested On 5 Felony Counts Involving Sex Activity With A Student
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Get The Latest from A.P. Dillon
Category Archives: Common Core
The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) scores for 2017 were released earlier this week. The NAEP is also referred to as the ‘nation’s report card’ and is considered the ‘gold standard’ of standardized testing for the United States.
North Carolina’s scores were less than positive overall and 4th-grade math scores took a statistically significant a three-point nosedive. Continue reading
I’ve received a barrage of emails, Facebook messages, and calls about Education Secretary DeVos’ recent speech where she made a claim that Common Core was “dead.” It is not dead. Nor will it be until the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) is dead. Continue reading
The two testing consortia associated with Common Core are still alive in part thanks to new management and a huge grant from Common Core’s largest funder, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Continue reading
In an article at The Washington Post, the District of Columbia graduation rate was reported at 79%. However, there is a big ‘but’ that comes along with that number as 1% met math standards and 4% met reading standards. Continue reading