A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County substitute faces indecent liberties charges involving students
- Lee County middle school teacher arrested on sex crime charges
- Polk public school teacher arrested on indecent liberties charges (Updated)
- Johnston Public Schools teacher charged with abusing autistic adult
- Wake County teacher charged with 10 counts of sexual exploitation
- Former Scotland high school teacher charged with indecent liberties, sexual battery
- Raleigh Goddard School owner charged with sex act involving 5 year-old
- Student teacher arrested on 26 charges involving a student
- Third round of charges added to former Guilford substitute teacher
- Iredell teacher arrested after sending ‘sexually explicit’ video to student
Tag Archives: NC New Schools
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly established the Education and Workforce Innovation Act (EWIA) under House Bill 902 with the purpose of fostering, ” innovation in education that will lead to more students graduating career and college ready.”.
EWIA was included in the 2013 Appropriations Act under section § 115C‑64.11.
EWIA’s mandates included providing millions in grant money to school districts after they completed a lengthy set of application requirements. This program was to be administered by NC New Schools.
How much money did NC New Schools receive and where did it go? Continue reading
The next North Carolina State Board of Education (NCSBE) meeting is slated for August third and fourth. The agenda for the upcoming meeting can be found on the NCSBE website under the ‘meetings’ tab.
The NCSBE meetings are live streamed for those who cannot attend in person. Whose wishing to listen in will need to download RealPlayer if they do not already have it on their device.
Nowhere in the two-day agenda is the revision of Common Core math for High school or Elementary and middle school grades mentioned.
See some of the highlights…. Continue reading
Apparently there is a new vacancy in the education non-profit Potemkin Village.
The ‘education non-profit’, NC New Schools is shutting down according to the News and Observer. Continue reading
You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a Bill Gates non-profit…
…Or a former NC Department of Public Instruction (DPI) employee working for a Bill Gates backed non-profit. Continue reading
Bev Perdue: Isn’t Common Core great!?!?
Yeah, Bev, great.
Great by how overly convoluted it is and how badly it confuses our kids. I can’t wait to see the kids doing this stuff now hit complex concepts in algebra and geometry and try to make ‘buckets’ to figure it out. Continue reading