A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
SIGN ME UP!
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Teachers Union Affiliate Planning Second Strike Using 2018 Strike’s ‘Sick Leave’ Strategy
- Yadkin Schools Bus Driver Charged With Assault With A Deadly Weapon, Intent To Kill
- Two Rutherford County Schools Instructors Suspended For Misconduct Allegations
- Former Watauga High Intern Charged With Sexual Exploitation Of A Minor
- Former Durham Montessori Employee Has New Charges In Four States
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Common Core
Florida’s new Governor Ron DeSantis has said he will issue an Executive Order (EO) to remove Common Core. That’s a nice gesture but means nothing unless the Florida legislature and department of education act on it. Continue reading
The latest round of ACT scores are out and North Carolina’s scores were abysmal with only around 18 percent of students meeting the ACT’s “college readiness” benchmarks in English, reading, math, and science. Continue reading
A recent study by the Pioneer Institute confirms what most parents and educators already knew: Common Core is the leading killer of education achievement and innovation we’ve seen in decades. Continue reading
Here are some of the North Carolina education news highlights from last week. Updates include teacher pay rankings released, school safety committee, NAEP and Common Core, NC Teacher of the Year, National Charter School Week, legislative news and other education-related various updates. Continue reading
The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) scores for 2017 were released earlier this week. The NAEP is also referred to as the ‘nation’s report card’ and is considered the ‘gold standard’ of standardized testing for the United States.
North Carolina’s scores were less than positive overall and 4th-grade math scores took a statistically significant a three-point nosedive. Continue reading