A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
- Lexington teacher resigns after being charged in hit and run
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Category Archives: Common Core
Florida’s new Governor Ron DeSantis has said he will issue an Executive Order (EO) to remove Common Core. That’s a nice gesture but means nothing unless the Florida legislature and department of education act on it. Continue reading
The latest round of ACT scores are out and North Carolina’s scores were abysmal with only around 18 percent of students meeting the ACT’s “college readiness” benchmarks in English, reading, math, and science. Continue reading
A recent study by the Pioneer Institute confirms what most parents and educators already knew: Common Core is the leading killer of education achievement and innovation we’ve seen in decades. Continue reading
There has been a rash of people claiming North Carolina, among other states, got rid of Common Core and that our standards are once again a mess. This is not even remotely true. Continue reading
There was a lot of big news in NC Education last week. Three members of the State Board of Education tendered resignations, while two employees at the Department of Public Instruction ‘left’. Also, the radical Durham City Council tried out a test case for deplatforming school choice in their district and much more. Continue reading
Another day, another “education non-profit” is born. This time it’s in North Carolina’s own backyard and appears to involve NC State Superintendent Mark Johnson and featuring an appearance by Jeb! Continue reading
The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) scores for 2017 were released earlier this week. The NAEP is also referred to as the ‘nation’s report card’ and is considered the ‘gold standard’ of standardized testing for the United States.
North Carolina’s scores were less than positive overall and 4th-grade math scores took a statistically significant a three-point nosedive. Continue reading