A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
- Lexington teacher resigns after being charged in hit and run
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Category Archives: BlackLivesMatter
It has long been the habit of North Carolina media outlets to report stories that cite seemingly random people, and in particular, activists, without telling the audience any background or details about that person or activist.
What follows is a juxtaposition of two such stories. Continue reading
Most people hear the words Black Lives Matter and they have images of the Ferguson Missouri riots, the ‘Hands up don’t shoot’ canard, DeRay McKesson or Brittney Packnett. But where did this movement come from? Continue reading
This past weekend, a website called “Charlotte Uprising” was created, which has a list of protester demands similar to what has been seen in other city occupations of Black Lives Matter.
The Charlotte Uprising website is attempting to raise money for bail and ‘supplies’ through another North Carolina based organization known as the Durham Solidarity Center.
According to the Durham Solidarity Center website they, “oppose any state repression of dissent, including surveillance, infiltration, disruption, and violence. We agree not to assist law enforcement actions against activists and others.”
The Durham Solidarity Center is funded by yet another organization known as “Action For Community In Raleigh” or ACRe for short. Both organizations are non-profits. Continue reading