A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Via Google Wallet
SIGN ME UP!
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NCGA Democrat Teams Up With Group Tied To Hillary Clinton, Fusion GPS Law Firm
- Cherokee County Principal Charged with Indecent Liberties with a Minor
- Former Teacher Assistant Charged with Multiple Counts of Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
- Elementary Teacher Charged with Statutory Rape, Indecent Liberties
- Charges Dropped for Some Arrested at 2017 Durham Demonstration
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Get The Latest from A.P. Dillon
Tag Archives: School Choice
Late last Summer, Governor Roy Cooper added to his extensive list of lawsuits by adding a section to one of them that seeks to block Opportunity Scholarship money for low-income students. Nearly 7,000 low-income and minority kids would have their education choices ripped from them. Continue reading
Last week I wrote a much need article which dispelled the myths and misinformation on North Carolina Charter Schools.
This week, I will lay out the facts about the second school choice option being hammered by misinformation, the Opportunity Scholarship Program (OSP). Continue reading
The spin out there on School Choice was out of control again this year for School Choice Week. On cue, well-funded union non-profit front groups continued to push their false talking points and in the process smear millions of parents and students.
On Twitter, the replies left on some School Choice tweets were filled with ridiculous amounts of misinformation. Reading some of them gave me a headache. It was as if these folks were re-heating leftover dog food, calling it gourmet stew and thinking somehow no one was going to tell them otherwise. Boy, were they wrong. Continue reading
Here are some quick North Carolina Education updates you might have missed.
– School Choice Week is coming!
– Teachers of the Year named
– NC leads the nation in nationally certified teachers
– Robeson school selected for Innovative School District Continue reading
Another great video from Lt. Governor Dan Forest!
This one is on charter schools. I’m very glad he did this one, and he rightly addresses the assault on charter schools as coming from those defending the status quo.
I’ve said this same thing many times. There is some valid criticism of charter schools, however the majority of the push back comes in the form of protectionist rhetoric.
Such rhetoric’s ultimate landing point is that of impugning parents who are unsatisfied with their public school and want to choose for the best educational fit for their child.
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO Continue reading