A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: NCDPI
School accountability and test results for 2018-19 were released earlier this month.
School A-F grades showed an increase in the number of low performing schools while End of Grade (EOG) and End of Course (EOC) were yet again mainly stagnant or falling. Continue reading
For years I’ve chronicled how PowerSchool is the gift curse that just keeps on giving – everything from hacks to outages to the $7 million a year cost.
The latest gift is a glitch that has potentially messed with grades for students all over the state. Continue reading
North Carolina Superintendent Mark Johnson has chosen the former headmaster of a top-ranked North Carolina public charter school to be his chief of staff. Continue reading
The 2017-18 North Carolina school grades, EOG scores, and other related testing data have been published by the Department of Public Instruction.
Earlier this month, the North Carolina State Board of Education voted on and passed the revisions made by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to the Common Core Math Standards.
The fears that DPI’s changes were actually going to be nothing substantial have been proven correct. Continue reading
Once again, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction shows parents exactly where they fit into their child’s education: NOWHERE.