A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Read to Achieve
The first edition of NCED updates for 2020 includes an update on the battle over the state’s reading assessment tool, Istation, as well as several national headlines and school choice stories of note. Continue reading
#NCED Updates: Too many white teachers, 70k 3rd graders can’t read at grade level and DPI “revisions” to Social Studies
In this installment: Gov. Cooper and his non-profit allies think there are too many white teachers, some 70,000 3rd graders can’t read proficiently but were socially promoted anyway and is the NC Dept. of Public Instruction gutting American History? Continue reading
This installment of NCED Updates covers Governor Roy Cooper’s veto of Sen. Phil Berger’s bill that revamps Read to Achieve, useless background checks on teachers and headlines from across the state and the nation. Continue reading
#NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
In this installment of #NCED updates, we’ll cover Governor Roy Cooper trying to dismantle school choice again, how the NEA is all in for socialism, Board of Ed tinkers with math again and some of the state education headlines, which include the Leandro case percolating again. Continue reading
Here are some quick North Carolina Education updates you might have missed.Here are some quick North Carolina Education updates you might have missed.
Leandro update, more money thrown at Read To Achieve, a big resignation at the State Board of Education and a Common Core peddler gets an award. Continue reading
The headline at the News and Observer reads, “More NC third graders retained for poor reading”.
File this one under: Things I saw Coming And Was Called Crazy For.
We are in year four of Common Core. Supporters of the standards promised us flying cars or something…
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The UNC Charlotte Urban Institute has an article up at the PR Firm, EducationNC called, “Mapping NC student grade-level and subject proficiency by district, 2013-14”
I’m looking at this article from the perspective of a ‘setting of the stage’ prior to the release of the 2014-15 scores.
There is a breakout by district of reading proficiency percentages based on the Common Core aligned North Carolina EOG (End of Grade) test.
The article is preceded by a big map of the state with sliding menu items to look at various data points. One data point they have under the map is stagnant: STATEWIDE: 60.2%
KEEP READING… Continue reading