A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Police: Johnston County teacher arrest obscured by district
- Trial for New Hanover band teacher accused of sex crimes starts May 9
- Former Onslow teacher secretly recorded students undressing
- Rockingham schools “community soccer coach” charged with indecent liberties
- Scotland County Band teacher arrested on sex charges involving student
- Pitt County substitute teacher charged with assaulting 9-year-old student
- Former UNSCA violin teacher sentenced to five years for sex trafficking
- Former Harnett middle school teacher charged with taking indecent liberties
- Fayetteville elementary teacher arrested for trafficking meth (updated)
- Brunswick Public Schools employee arrested on sex charge involving a minor
Tag Archives: Wake County
In February of this year, a 3 judge panel from the 4th Circuit Court of appeals threw out the congressional district voting maps just weeks before the state’s primary election. Maps that had passed muster through multiple challenges were now null. … Continue reading
Cumberland County Schools is upset that their teacher salary supplement isn’t as big as Wake County’s.
So, the narrative we’ve heard from various sources is that North Carolina doesn’t pay it’s teacher enough. The untold part of that narrative is that the teacher supplemental pay is set by the individual districts.
Ok, so the teachers in Cumberland have a smaller supplement. The county sets that, so why not raise it? They have no problem paying their Superintendent generously, after all.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
The UNC Charlotte Urban Institute has an article up at the PR Firm, EducationNC called, “Mapping NC student grade-level and subject proficiency by district, 2013-14”
I’m looking at this article from the perspective of a ‘setting of the stage’ prior to the release of the 2014-15 scores.
There is a breakout by district of reading proficiency percentages based on the Common Core aligned North Carolina EOG (End of Grade) test.
The article is preceded by a big map of the state with sliding menu items to look at various data points. One data point they have under the map is stagnant: STATEWIDE: 60.2%
KEEP READING… Continue reading
I told folks back in November, with the election of an all Democrat Board of Commissioners in Wake County, your taxes are about to go up.
The day after the election the newly elected Commissioners were already talking about digging into the taxpayer’s wallet.
Now factor in the Commissioners are working hand in hand with the drama-ridden and Democrat held Wake County school board. Here come the tax hikes, here come the bond referendums.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Wake County Sheriff candidate Willie Rowe made a statement captured by the News and Observer that caught my eye. Emphasis added is mine:
“I am a 28-year veteran of the sheriff’s office,” Rowe said during a meeting with the editorial board of The News & Observer. “In my 28 years, I have seen first-hand the impact crime has on families, communities and the future. I want to partner together with the community to improve public safety, close the revolving door to jail and shut down the school-to-prison pipeline.”
GEE, We’ve heard that one before. Continue reading