A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: PTA
Some quick hits on what’s going on in Education in North Carolina (8/26/25)
-FOOD FOR THOUGHT
-KEA and K-3 ASSESSMENT UPDATE
-NC SUPERINTENDENT RACE
AND MORE…. Continue reading
Money drives the Common Core. Money spent on it and money to be made from it. Gates has dropped over $2.6 million into the National PTA. So when a local PTA official in Ohio said the following, I chuckled and shook my head:
During the legislature’s Common Core hearings, Rep. Andy Thompson, R-Marietta, the sponsor of the bill to eliminate the standards, has pressed several pro-Common Core witnesses about their affiliations, influences and funding — focusing particularly on whether money came from the Gates Foundation.
KEEP READING Continue reading
Kids all over the county head back to school. At orientations, joining the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is part of the mix. When my oldest went to Kindergarten, I hopped in with both feet and signed up. This was prior to finding out how the PTA had backed Common Core, mind you. I stuck around for a second year while my kid was in First grade, even after it became apparent this was ‘not my mom’s PTA’. This article might sound familiar to some of you reading it out there. Continue reading
One of my Common Core Mom-Brigade pointed this Facebook post out to me made by the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The PTA has been pro-C0mmon Core out of the gate, they think it’s just great. Parents are now wise to it and aren’t taking it lying down. The comments on the post say it all: Continue reading