A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Exclusive: Letter instructs #WCPSS teachers how not to violate student privacy with ‘Diversity’ lessons
- #WCPSS Updates: Parents fuming over invasive social justice pushes
- “Circle Time” at Apex Middle School has students and parents upset
- Pamlico Public Schools teacher charged with sex act with a student, indecent liberties
- #NCED Updates: A Diversity Inventory, a Bill and a Scholarship
- #WCPSS Updates: Parents explode over Diversity Inventory, Records Request Fees and other headlines (Updates)
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: PTA
Some quick hits on what’s going on in Education in North Carolina (8/26/25)
-FOOD FOR THOUGHT
-KEA and K-3 ASSESSMENT UPDATE
-NC SUPERINTENDENT RACE
AND MORE…. Continue reading
Money drives the Common Core. Money spent on it and money to be made from it. Gates has dropped over $2.6 million into the National PTA. So when a local PTA official in Ohio said the following, I chuckled and shook my head:
During the legislature’s Common Core hearings, Rep. Andy Thompson, R-Marietta, the sponsor of the bill to eliminate the standards, has pressed several pro-Common Core witnesses about their affiliations, influences and funding — focusing particularly on whether money came from the Gates Foundation.
KEEP READING Continue reading
Kids all over the county head back to school. At orientations, joining the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is part of the mix. When my oldest went to Kindergarten, I hopped in with both feet and signed up. This was prior to finding out how the PTA had backed Common Core, mind you. I stuck around for a second year while my kid was in First grade, even after it became apparent this was ‘not my mom’s PTA’. This article might sound familiar to some of you reading it out there. Continue reading
One of my Common Core Mom-Brigade pointed this Facebook post out to me made by the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The PTA has been pro-C0mmon Core out of the gate, they think it’s just great. Parents are now wise to it and aren’t taking it lying down. The comments on the post say it all: Continue reading