A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Half of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights pen letter to U.S. AG over targeting of parents
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
Tag Archives: seiu
Well, so much for civil discourse.
CHAPEL HILL — Protests turned violent during a Tuesday morning meeting of the UNC Board of Governors as students and faculty gathered once again to call for the removal of UNC president-elect Margaret Spellings, former secretary of education in the George W. Bush administration.
KEEP READING… FIND OUT WHO THESE NUTS ARE…. Continue reading
The defacto leader of the NC Democrats and Occupy Monday movement led a march on McDonald’s headquarters in Illinois, which resulted in the arrest of 38 SEIU union members and various clergy.
Why am I not surprised that Rev. Barber was behind this? —> McDonald’s protesters arrested outside HQ http://t.co/A3bFUMCiAT via @USATODAY
— Jennifer Hall (@jenjhall) May 22, 2014
Excerpt from USA Today, emphasis added: Continue reading
My Latest Magnificent Seven article is up at DaTechGuy: A Primer on the Left In NC (IV)
Last week we looked at Moral Monday in North Carolina and how it’s now spreading to neighboring states. I mentioned that was not a bug but a feature. In this installment, we’ll look at the union ties to Moral Monday, a quick look at a movement I’ve dubbed Occupy 2.0 and how the AFL-CIO’s “Organize the South or Die” campaign all figure into the mix. Continue reading
News and Observer reports that today, the Southern Workers Assembly is picketing the Raleigh courthouse in support of the Moral Monday arrestees on trial.
A labor organization is planning to hold protests Friday in half a dozen Southern cities to demand charges be dropped against the more than 900 people arrested in “Moral Monday” protests at the North Carolina legislature this year.
The Southern Workers Assembly plans to picket in front of the county courthouse in Raleigh at noon. The protest continues in Goldsboro and Charlotte that afternoon. Additional picketing is planned in Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina and in San Antonio, Texas the same day.
The organization – a network of local unions and organizing committees – is specifically rallying around Saladin Muhammad, a labor leader who is the first Moral Monday protester to be convicted. His attorney, Al McSurely of Chapel Hill, says the conviction will be appealed to superior court.
– Source: N&O
Southern Workers Assembly’s page goes into detail about Saladin Muhammad who is very invested in unions:
Muhammad, a founding member of Black Workers For Justice, led the organizing as an organizer of the national United Electrical Workers Union (UE) that formed the North Carolina Public Service Workers Union-UE Local 150, which has been a leader in the campaign to repeal the N.C. state ban on collective bargaining rights for public sector workers.
Mr. Mohammad is also invested in Socialism: Continue reading