A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s radical education arm renamed “Learning For Justice”
Tag Archives: seiu
Well, so much for civil discourse.
CHAPEL HILL — Protests turned violent during a Tuesday morning meeting of the UNC Board of Governors as students and faculty gathered once again to call for the removal of UNC president-elect Margaret Spellings, former secretary of education in the George W. Bush administration.
KEEP READING… FIND OUT WHO THESE NUTS ARE…. Continue reading
The defacto leader of the NC Democrats and Occupy Monday movement led a march on McDonald’s headquarters in Illinois, which resulted in the arrest of 38 SEIU union members and various clergy.
Why am I not surprised that Rev. Barber was behind this? —> McDonald’s protesters arrested outside HQ http://t.co/A3bFUMCiAT via @USATODAY
— Jennifer Hall (@jenjhall) May 22, 2014
Excerpt from USA Today, emphasis added: Continue reading
My Latest Magnificent Seven article is up at DaTechGuy: A Primer on the Left In NC (IV)
Last week we looked at Moral Monday in North Carolina and how it’s now spreading to neighboring states. I mentioned that was not a bug but a feature. In this installment, we’ll look at the union ties to Moral Monday, a quick look at a movement I’ve dubbed Occupy 2.0 and how the AFL-CIO’s “Organize the South or Die” campaign all figure into the mix. Continue reading
News and Observer reports that today, the Southern Workers Assembly is picketing the Raleigh courthouse in support of the Moral Monday arrestees on trial.
A labor organization is planning to hold protests Friday in half a dozen Southern cities to demand charges be dropped against the more than 900 people arrested in “Moral Monday” protests at the North Carolina legislature this year.
The Southern Workers Assembly plans to picket in front of the county courthouse in Raleigh at noon. The protest continues in Goldsboro and Charlotte that afternoon. Additional picketing is planned in Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina and in San Antonio, Texas the same day.
The organization – a network of local unions and organizing committees – is specifically rallying around Saladin Muhammad, a labor leader who is the first Moral Monday protester to be convicted. His attorney, Al McSurely of Chapel Hill, says the conviction will be appealed to superior court.
– Source: N&O
Southern Workers Assembly’s page goes into detail about Saladin Muhammad who is very invested in unions:
Muhammad, a founding member of Black Workers For Justice, led the organizing as an organizer of the national United Electrical Workers Union (UE) that formed the North Carolina Public Service Workers Union-UE Local 150, which has been a leader in the campaign to repeal the N.C. state ban on collective bargaining rights for public sector workers.
Mr. Mohammad is also invested in Socialism: Continue reading