A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
- Case delayed again for Robeson teacher accused of assaulting student
- Iredell Public Schools teacher accused of soliciting nude photos from teen
- Buncombe teacher sentenced after pleading guilty to sex with student charges
- Keep the articles coming, donate today
Tag Archives: TFA
In the past, I’ve touched on Teach for America (TFA) and it’s offshoot, Leadership For Educational Equity (LEE).
I recently reportde on them when I found LEE money and Bloomberg money in the NC Superintendent race — for a Republican.
I just want to re-state what TFA and LEE are: Politically motivate recruiting groups, masquerading as subpar and taxpayer subsidized teacher training schools, whose main purpose is to seat it’s acolytes in places of political influence in order to further their specific ‘educational’ agendas. Those ‘educational’ agendas are often skewed a particular way and it’s not to the center or right.
I just want to lay it out clearly here. It’s not just my personal opinion that these groups are more politically directed than education directed. It’s fact. Follow the tweets.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Folks might not realize it, but the NC Superintendent position is up for grabs this election year.
Dr. Atkinson has filed to run again, but there are four other people running as well. This is one of the most crowded Superintendent races in a while, with two Democrats and three Republicans running.
Those running against Atkinson are J. Wesley Sills (R), Henry Pankey (D), Dr. Rosemary Stein (R) and Mark Johnson (R).
One of them is getting money from Mike Bloomberg and Teach for America’s political offshoot organization.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
This is a quick look at education stories from around North Carolina and beyond.
Highlights: They had to pass ESEA to find out what’s in it, NC Common Core review’s final meeting, WCPSS spending millions, NC report cards, Prof. Adams strikes back TFA agitators & Stuff Atkinson Says. Continue reading