A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Lawsuit settlement in case involving Gaston teacher accused of student abuse
- Robeson substitute arrested on child abuse, strangulation charges
- Cabarrus teacher license revoked following 2022 arrest
- Nash County schools employee charged with sex crimes involving students
- Franklin County schools sub charged with sex crimes
- Lenoir teacher charged after video showed her beating students with cord
- Wake County assistant principal charged with DWI
- Guilford high school teacher arrested for statutory rape, indecent liberties (UPDATED)
- Union County teaching assistant arrested on multiple sex crimes
- CMS employee arrested on indecent liberties, kidnapping charges
Tag Archives: TFA
Shocker. Mostly Political Jobs at TFA’s Leadership for Educational Equity
In the past, I’ve touched on Teach for America (TFA) and it’s offshoot, Leadership For Educational Equity (LEE).
I recently reportde on them when I found LEE money and Bloomberg money in the NC Superintendent race — for a Republican.
I just want to re-state what TFA and LEE are: Politically motivate recruiting groups, masquerading as subpar and taxpayer subsidized teacher training schools, whose main purpose is to seat it’s acolytes in places of political influence in order to further their specific ‘educational’ agendas. Those ‘educational’ agendas are often skewed a particular way and it’s not to the center or right.
I just want to lay it out clearly here. It’s not just my personal opinion that these groups are more politically directed than education directed. It’s fact. Follow the tweets.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), Big Ed Complex, EDUCATION, Government Tagged Teach For America, TFA Comments Off on Shocker. Mostly Political Jobs at TFA’s Leadership for Educational Equity
Why Is Bloomberg Money In The NC Superintendent Race?
Folks might not realize it, but the NC Superintendent position is up for grabs this election year.
Dr. Atkinson has filed to run again, but there are four other people running as well. This is one of the most crowded Superintendent races in a while, with two Democrats and three Republicans running.
Those running against Atkinson are J. Wesley Sills (R), Henry Pankey (D), Dr. Rosemary Stein (R) and Mark Johnson (R).
One of them is getting money from Mike Bloomberg and Teach for America’s political offshoot organization.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), EDUCATION, ELECTIONS, EXCLUSIVE Tagged Mark Johnson, NC Superintendent, Teach For America, TFA 4 Comments
What They’re Saying About Education In NC – WE 12/4/15 – #NCED
This is a quick look at education stories from around North Carolina and beyond.
Highlights: They had to pass ESEA to find out what’s in it, NC Common Core review’s final meeting, WCPSS spending millions, NC report cards, Prof. Adams strikes back TFA agitators & Stuff Atkinson Says. Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.