A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
Tag Archives: Teach For America
There are a few interesting education related nuggets from the proposed NCGA House Committee budget report.
Everything from Teacher pay to supporting the College Board’s monopoly on testing and curriculum through ‘bonuses’ to teachers. Continue reading
In the past, I’ve touched on Teach for America (TFA) and it’s offshoot, Leadership For Educational Equity (LEE).
I recently reportde on them when I found LEE money and Bloomberg money in the NC Superintendent race — for a Republican.
I just want to re-state what TFA and LEE are: Politically motivate recruiting groups, masquerading as subpar and taxpayer subsidized teacher training schools, whose main purpose is to seat it’s acolytes in places of political influence in order to further their specific ‘educational’ agendas. Those ‘educational’ agendas are often skewed a particular way and it’s not to the center or right.
I just want to lay it out clearly here. It’s not just my personal opinion that these groups are more politically directed than education directed. It’s fact. Follow the tweets.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Folks might not realize it, but the NC Superintendent position is up for grabs this election year.
Dr. Atkinson has filed to run again, but there are four other people running as well. This is one of the most crowded Superintendent races in a while, with two Democrats and three Republicans running.
Those running against Atkinson are J. Wesley Sills (R), Henry Pankey (D), Dr. Rosemary Stein (R) and Mark Johnson (R).
One of them is getting money from Mike Bloomberg and Teach for America’s political offshoot organization.
KEEP READING… Continue reading