A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Halifax teacher arrested on indecent liberties charge involving student
- Pender County teacher arrested on child porn charges
- Edgecombe elementary school teacher charged with indecent liberties
- Former Chatham teacher charged with sex crimes, cyberstalking
- W. Johnston County high teacher charged with statutory rape gets $1M bond (updated)
- 27 new charges added to Iredell teacher accused of child sex crimes
- W. Johnston County high teacher charged with statutory rape of a child under 15
- Former Raleigh headmistress found not guilty
- Iredell-Statesville teacher arrested on felony sex crime charges (updated)
- Former Guilford substitute teacher arrested on sex crimes has more charges added
Category Archives: Government
Buncombe Dept. of Social Services: Baby Brokers in Child Adoption Market
By Lisa Baldwin
Buncombe’s Department of Social Services (DSS) is riddled with heart-wrenching problems related to child placement.
After a federal review of Children’s Protective Services cases in Buncombe and ten other North Carolina counties, the state was fined $1.7 million. An “improvement plan” will be put into place but not before multiple families are torn apart. Continue reading
One of the tentacles created by Dodd-Frank was sliced into this week. By tentacle, I mean the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
A three judge panel in the District of Columbia’s Court of Appeals ruled that the CFPB’s leadership structure was unconstitutional. Right now, the CFPB is headed up by a single man, Richard Cordray.
In an article at Conservative review , Hans von Spakovsky notes that the court recognized most agencies had boards or commissioners who act as a check and balance on one another. The CFPB has no such oversight.
While this is a win, don’t get too excited though. Read on. Continue reading
The Tenth Amendment states:
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
Now view this Gallup poll, which illustrates a stark and startling divide of how different political affiliations view concentration of power:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
An aid organization that wants to start placing refugees in Asheville, North Carolina has been meeting with the local chamber of commerce and the Unitarian Universalist Congregation according to the Asheville Citizen Times. North Carolina already ranks 9th when it comes to the … Continue reading
The Daily Signal is reporting this morning that NC’s Rep. Mark Walker is leading the charge against the Obama administration’s Bathroom edict to schools.
Read the letter.
Congress is acting, but where are the senators as Democrats wage an actual war on women? Continue reading
There is a glaring hole in the long string of state leaders and elected officials standing together against the illegal and dangerous Charlotte Ordinance and in support of HB 2.
It’s a Richard Burr and Thom Tillis shaped hole. But’s its worse than just a hole.
Do they think they are invisible? We can see your shoes under the stall door, gentlemen. Continue reading