A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
- Cleveland County teacher arrested for propositioning 15-year-old boy using social media
- New Hanover Band teacher arrested on 12 felony counts (Updated: Teacher fired)
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: NC State Board Of Education
There was a lot of big news in NC Education last week. Three members of the State Board of Education tendered resignations, while two employees at the Department of Public Instruction ‘left’. Also, the radical Durham City Council tried out a test case for deplatforming school choice in their district and much more. Continue reading
Earlier this month, Governor Cooper announced his three picks for the state’s Board of Education were Reginald Kenan, John (J.B.) Buxton, and Sandra Byrd. All three appointment picks to the State Board of Education must be confirmed by the legislature. All three deserve serious scrutiny. Continue reading
To Review or Not To Review? The question of having an outside party review changes made to the Common Core Standards in NC has sparked theatrics and various tantrums from Educrats across the state. Continue reading
In a report by Alex Granados at Education NC, video is included on a back and forth over graduation rates. Board member Collins questions that rate when you take into account low college ready proficiency rates.
Putting the question bluntly, what is the true or effective graduation rate when you take into account career and college readiness? Continue reading
My latest is up over at Civitas — Legislators Demand Action Against Common Core. Continue reading
Earlier this month, I wrote about another one of NC DPI’s bad ideas — the “student perception survey”.
I’ve traced them back to their origin — and it’s not the State Board of Education.
KEEP READING… Continue reading