A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Iredell-Statesville teacher arrested on felony sex crime charges (updated)
- Former Guilford substitute teacher arrested on sex crimes has more charges added
- Trial started for former headmistress accused of aiding convicted teacher’s sex crimes
- Former Asheville teacher sentenced to 3 years for child pornography
- Judge denies motions to dismiss in New Hanover schools sex abuse civil case
- Former Randolph area school counselor arrested on multiple sex crime charges
- Asheville teacher charged with indecent liberties, obscene materials
- Burlington Christian Academy coach arrested on sex charges involving student
- Ex-assistant principal convicted; sentenced up to 5 years for sex crimes
- 20-year veteran Wake County area teacher arrested on sex crime charges
Tag Archives: NC State Board Of Education
My latest is up over at Civitas — Legislators Demand Action Against Common Core. Continue reading
Earlier this month, I wrote about another one of NC DPI’s bad ideas — the “student perception survey”.
I’ve traced them back to their origin — and it’s not the State Board of Education.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
In case you missed it, the Academic Standards Review Commission who met for 15 months decided to take a dive. Several of the members went cannibal on poor Dr. Scheick and as a result, killed the math recommendations. The vanilla … Continue reading
Citizens, we are on the homestretch. Various groups, nonprofits and Pro-Common Core entities are pressuring the State Board of Ed to drop the Academic Standards Review Commission’s reports into the trash.
YOU NEED TO ACT NOW.
It is critical that you act and contact the NC Board of Education. Tell them to accept and act on the Commission’s reports! Continue reading
In New York, 190,836 students opted out of the state’s Common Core ELA aligned test.
The Opt Out rate at Nathan Hale High school in Seattle, Washington for the SBAC test was 100%.
The entire 11th grade glass didn’t show up.
There is test dumping going on In Jeb Bush’s Florida. Miami-Dade, which is the fourth largest school district in the nation, has just announced cutting the state assessments to the bone, including end of grade assessments or EOG’s in elementary schools.
So where is North Carolina in the Opt Out Movement? Do Parents know the EOG is Common Core aligned?
KEEP READING — SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OUR STATE ON TESTING Continue reading
Last weekend, NC Superintendent Atkinson tipped her hand on the rebrand strategy for Common Core in North Carolina. This week on the same program, NCSPIN, Governor Pat McCrory repeated the same statements.
In the initial part of the conversation, McCrory made a weak dodge on testing should be called out — all major tests are Common Core aligned. Hasn’t his Teach For America Alum and Education Advisor, Eric Guckian, told him that yet?
The host confirmed with Governor McCrory that the Governor has been “a big supporter of Common Core”. McCrory answered, ” I am a supporter of Common Core but I also recognize the testing aspect needs some revision and change.”
McCrory continued and here’s where the cat is now out of the rebrand bag:
“The title of the bill of Common Core says we’re eliminating Common Core. If you read the bill, it doesn’t eliminate Common Core. It reviews Common Core and only the State Board of Education – with Bill Cobey as its chairman – can change Common Core.”
There you have it, folks.
This is the kick off of Operation Rebrand.
KEEP READING… VIDEO INCLUDED Continue reading