LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC Media Outlets Ledes on Recent #HB2 Ruling Mislead Citizens
- NC Dept. Of Public Instruction Touts 4th Year of Powerschool, Ignores Failings
- Wake School Board Race Will Use 2011 Maps; 4 Incumbents Run Unopposed
- WRAL Report On Edgecombe Teacher Turnover Doesn’t Include Supplemental Pay Figures
- NC Big Media Still Silent on Suit To Remove Keever – #ncpol #ncdems
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Tag Archives: NCGA
A committee formed to bring oversight to the statewide longitudinal database system (SLDS) in North Carolina was recently dissolved.
An August 8th letter from the board’s chair, Keith Werner, called for the dissolution of the board, “per Session law 2016-94 ( Appropriations Act 2016)”. Werner is also the Chief Information Officer of the NC’s Information Technology division. Continue reading
On July 11th, North Carolina’s Governor signed legislation regarding the use of body cams for police officers. The measure, House Bill 972 / S.L. 2016-88 is titled, “Law Enforcement Recordings/No Public Record”.
Governor McCrory held a public signing of the bill. McCrory said that, “when used by itself, technology can mislead and misinform”. McCrory said the goal of the legislation was “uniformity”, “clarity” and to “expedite tested disclosure for a fair process which ensures transparency”.
Watch: Continue reading