A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- More victims come forward in case of convicted New Hanover Schools teacher
- Wake County substitute teacher charged with murder
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
Tag Archives: Bill Cobey
The NC Supreme Court concurred with a lower courts ruling and upheld House Billl 17, but the chairman of the NC Board of Education’s press release indicates he thinks the state’s highest court is wrong. Continue reading
Over at Jones and Blount, there is a story up about NC Board of Education Chairman, Bill Cobey, going all in for John Kasich in the Presidential race.
I don’t want to ever hear how NCSBE Chair Bill Cobey is a “Conservative” again.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
If you’ve been following my series on Superintendent Atkinson being questioned about funds for the Excellent Public Schools Act being diverted into shifting personnel around, well, we have an update.
Dr. Atkinson has redefined “Misunderstanding”. Continue reading
Holly Grange goes ALL IN on the Bill Cobey endorsement.
This is not going to play like she thinks it will with, you know, ACTUAL conservatives. Continue reading
It’s official folks, if you want a representative in NC-20 that stands with the establishment that are protecting Common Core in North Carolina, look no further than Holly Grange.
Apparently June Atkinson’s Common Core defending pal, Bill Cobey, will be stumping for Ms. Grange at what looks to be a very posh and pricey fundraising event.
Grange apparently likes the GOPe and Common Core Zombies.
Keep reading… Continue reading
On Friday, I wrote about how #APUSH Is Going To Get A Debate In North Carolina.
I noted in that article the talking points from State Superintendent Atkinson and Chairman Bill Cobey. These two have no intention of dropping APUSH and their remarks seemingly hint at skirting the Founding Principles Act.
It was also suggested that if they are going to keep APUSH as an option, that a fundamental prerequisite course be put into place. I concur. The State Board of Education should move fast and make History I and History II prerequisites for APUSH.
Bear in mind, it was also noted that somewhere around 20,000 North Carolina students take Advanced Placement courses. Of those, only a small percentage pass. The College Board makes their money regardless. This is something the General Assembly would to well to consider evaluating since they hold the purse strings and direct the Department of Public Instruction to work with the College Board.
As with the Common Core, North Carolina should not be relying on outside entities for materials we have no control over and that have no accountability to our citizens.
KEEP READING – SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT APUSH Continue reading