A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Supt. pay is raised while special needs kids have no buses, plus MVP Math, Reassignment draft delays and who is watching the kids?
- The likely origin of the “Diversity Inventory” given out at a #WCPSS school
- 2018-19 school scores show slight increases, state testing mostly stagnant or falling
- Exclusive: Letter instructs #WCPSS teachers how not to violate student privacy with ‘Diversity’ lessons
- #WCPSS Updates: Parents fuming over invasive social justice pushes
- “Circle Time” at Apex Middle School has students and parents upset
- Pamlico Public Schools teacher charged with sex act with a student, indecent liberties
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Budget
There is a lot going on in North Carolina education at the moment, but there needs to be a spotlight on the fact that the largest school district in the state, Wake County, is a flaming hot mess. Continue reading
Here’s the latest round of education update from around the state of North Carolina.
Included in this edition are key points about the looming teacher’s strike, education highlights from Governor Cooper’s proposed budget, as well as various legislative and Charter school updates. Continue reading
The Wake County School Board is yet again putting the county’s taxpayers over a barrel. This time the board is facing a self-created problem due to lack of planning: Former Superintendent Jim Merrill’s excessive pension of $180,036 per year.
This is not the Wake Board’s first fiscal fiasco either. The board also just approved a record $59.9 increase over their current budget, which is over $1.2 billion already. Continue reading
The Wake County Public Schools (WCPSS) Board wants MOAR MONEY. I bet you’re all shocked by that one.
Nice of Superintendent Jim Merrill to take a powder and dump this flaming bag of poo onto interim Superintendent Del Burns – who by the way seems just fine with it. Continue reading
Bob Luebke at Civitas broke down Governor Roy Cooper’s budget proposal and the price tag is hefty — $1.1 billion in new spending.
$783 million of that $1.1 billion is marked for education. $271 million will go to teacher raises and $20 million in principal and assistant principal increases. Continue reading
At the September School Board meeting, the board announced the hiring of Stacy Lee to fill the role of Chief Technology Officer for the school system. Lee will be hired at $139,000 a year.
This comes despite the board’s continual complaints about a nearly $17.5 million dollar budget gap in their $1.2 billion dollar budget. Continue reading
Wake county school officials appear unable to work with an increased budget of over $1.4 billion dollars according to an email to staff obtained by this site penned by the Superintendent of Wake County Schools and David Neter, Chief Operating Officer.
The emails detail the cuts to school level services to ‘close the $17.5 million dollar budget gap’ while simultaneously indicating a 3% pay raise and a half percent bonus for non-teaching support staff. Continue reading