A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- WSF volunteer arrested on sex crime charges involving student
- Wake County high school teacher charge with felony larceny
- Waynesville area private school teacher arrested on sex crime charge
- Burke County Schools teacher arrested for assault
- Edgecombe teacher charged with statutory sex offense
- Alexander County Schools employee charged for assaulting student
- Iredell elementary sub charged for being drunk on the job
- Transylvania County teacher arrested on rape and indecent liberties charges
- Chatham County Schools elementary teacher faces assault charge
- Cumberland schools teaching assistant arrested for assault on disabled student
Tag Archives: Wake County School Board
Only one of the multiple challengers running for Wake County School Board managed to beat the well-funded progressive incumbents they faced this election cycle.
The candidate filing for the Wake County School Board races closed on July 6 with no challenger filing for four out of the nine district seats. So, who filed and where? Continue reading
The Wake County School Board is yet again putting the county’s taxpayers over a barrel. This time the board is facing a self-created problem due to lack of planning: Former Superintendent Jim Merrill’s excessive pension of $180,036 per year.
This is not the Wake Board’s first fiscal fiasco either. The board also just approved a record $59.9 increase over their current budget, which is over $1.2 billion already. Continue reading
In August, Judge James Dever III ruled that the 2011 maps would have to be used for the 2016 election, however this was an ‘interim’ remedy. Dever’s order leaves room for legislators to take another whack at redistricting when they return to the General Assembly.
As a result of Dever’s ruling, all nine school board seats will be on the ballot in November, however now four are running unopposed. Each of those elected will serve two-year terms and this election is by plurality, meaning there will be no run-off races.
SEE WHO IS RUNNING… FIND YOUR DISTRICT Continue reading
Wake county school officials appear unable to work with an increased budget of over $1.4 billion dollars according to an email to staff obtained by this site penned by the Superintendent of Wake County Schools and David Neter, Chief Operating Officer.
The emails detail the cuts to school level services to ‘close the $17.5 million dollar budget gap’ while simultaneously indicating a 3% pay raise and a half percent bonus for non-teaching support staff. Continue reading
Earlier this year, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals was responsible for unprecedented disenfranchisement of thousands of North Carolina voters earlier this year for congressional primaries when the court threw out district maps. This past month, the 4th Circuit Court … Continue reading