A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
- Case delayed again for Robeson teacher accused of assaulting student
- Iredell Public Schools teacher accused of soliciting nude photos from teen
Tag Archives: Jim Merrill
At the September School Board meeting, the board announced the hiring of Stacy Lee to fill the role of Chief Technology Officer for the school system. Lee will be hired at $139,000 a year.
This comes despite the board’s continual complaints about a nearly $17.5 million dollar budget gap in their $1.2 billion dollar budget. Continue reading
Wake county school officials appear unable to work with an increased budget of over $1.4 billion dollars according to an email to staff obtained by this site penned by the Superintendent of Wake County Schools and David Neter, Chief Operating Officer.
The emails detail the cuts to school level services to ‘close the $17.5 million dollar budget gap’ while simultaneously indicating a 3% pay raise and a half percent bonus for non-teaching support staff. Continue reading
News and Observer reported on a ‘wish list’ of sorts put together by some of the Central North Carolina region’s superintendents.
The article doesn’t say it outright, but one item on the list was cutting off funding for Opportunity Scholarships. Continue reading
In case you missed it, according to the News and Observer, the diversity and equity obsessed Wake county school board members left a ‘poison pill’ for the next board to be elected this Fall.
Poison Pill? I think a more accurate descriptor is that of leaving a flaming bag of poo on the front porch. Continue reading
Common Core loving educrats and big biz are coming out of the woodwork these days in North Carolina.
First it was the clueless Wake County School Board stomping their foot and attacking parents who advocated for their child. Then it was the News and Observer’s equally clueless and insulting Editorial board.
Now it’s yet another “education non-profit” racing to protect a set of experimental and fundamentally flawed standards.
Last night over at the News and Observer, an article dropped about “education non-profit” WakeEd Partnership’s outrage that the NC Common Core Commission might actually be fulfilling their assigned task.
KEEP READING… So Much Stupid. So Little Time. Continue reading
The Wake County Board of Commissioners released more than $44 million in additional funding to the Wake County School Board in order to boost teacher pay.
While the School Board was handing out increases to teachers, they passed the gravy to Superintendent Merrill. Continue reading