A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- More victims come forward in case of convicted New Hanover Schools teacher
- Wake County substitute teacher charged with murder
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
Tag Archives: WBOC
It’s funny how much contempt elected officials hold for those they govern these days.
Case in point, Wake County Commissioner Greg Ford. Continue reading
At the September School Board meeting, the board announced the hiring of Stacy Lee to fill the role of Chief Technology Officer for the school system. Lee will be hired at $139,000 a year.
This comes despite the board’s continual complaints about a nearly $17.5 million dollar budget gap in their $1.2 billion dollar budget. Continue reading
The Wake County Commissioners certainly are on a roll lately.
First it was shifting from their campaign promises that education spending was their top priority to transit being their big hair deal. Now they are taking up the long debunked ‘wage gap’ myth.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Dispatches from the 100% Democrat held Wake County Board of Commissioners: . @WakeGOV may skip 2016 school bond to protect Nov. referendum to raise sales taxes to fund transit plan https://t.co/HZD1ASbeLf #wcpss — Keung Hui (@nckhui) January 31, 2016 //platform.twitter.com/widgets.js … Continue reading
In the last week, there have been a number of articles about student growth in Wake County Schools.
Some of these articles focused on what role Wake schools play in boosting the local economy. These articles, in my opinion, are laying a narrative groundwork for a coming bond proposal or tax increase.
We already know the Wake County Commissioners are ready to raid our wallets and have already given Wake County schools more money. It’s not enough, they will claim as they point to articles like the one I am about to deconstruct.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Wherein John Burns and Matt Calabria break their arms off patting each other on the back. I’m sure Bully Barber and his merry band of ‘Fight for $15’ folks will be pleased. Continue reading