A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s radical education arm renamed “Learning For Justice”
Tag Archives: Wake County Schools
News and Observer is reporting the hiring (or shifting around of) of 8 new principals in Wake county. Four are interim appointments.
Also, here come higher taxes — the original $1.7 billion dollar proposed Wake county schools budget was passed by the Wake County Commissioners at a lower total of $1.1 billion. Continue reading
News and Observer has an article up about Wake County Schools enrollment numbers being down and the subsequent potential loss of revenue for the school system.
I left a comment:
READ THE COMMENT – SEE THE HOMESCHOOLING NUMBERS FOR WAKE COUNTY Continue reading
In case you missed it, Wake County Public Schools is considering banning selfies and videos taken by students during the school day.
The Daily Haymaker has a good run down. Go read it.
Daily Haymaker’s article stopped short of addressing the hypocritical and big brotherly comments made by Wake School Board member, Jim Martin.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
The pro-Common Core Mantra: “It’s just a set of standards.”
See what my child has been doing in Common Core math. My kid is good at math, but is being forced to learn multiple strategies regardless of what works best for him. Then he has to ‘explain’ them in writing.
These documents I’m talking about were created by Wake County Schools. This is Common Core aligned curriculum and yes, the kids have to do it the ‘Common Core way’.
KEEP READING – SEE THE DOCUMENTS Continue reading
Sixteen Wake County Elementary schools will be participating in a Duke University tied pilot program called “Nurturing For A Bright Future”. This program is related to the American Association for Gifted Children at Duke University and is part of the ‘Bright Idea 2’ program.
The sixteen elementary schools are:
Through a Freedom of Information request, I was able to obtain details on the program. Part of the response I received from Wake County Schools included the following details:
KEEP READING – SEE THE FOIA REQUESTED DOCUMENTS Continue reading
How nice for Phil Kirk to write about the “strategic plan” costing Wake taxpayers over 58K. http://t.co/uc3mZwvgP2 #nced #wcpss
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) August 23, 2014
Isn’t that special? A nice rah-rah article drawing attention to the costly “strategic plan” for Wake County Schools. Where was this kind of press for the Superintendent’s ‘listening’ forum earlier this year? Continue reading