A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Iredell-Statesville teacher arrested on felony sex crime charges
- Former Guilford substitute teacher arrested on sex crimes has more charges added
- Trial started for former headmistress accused of aiding convicted teacher’s sex crimes
- Former Asheville teacher sentenced to 3 years for child pornography
- Judge denies motions to dismiss in New Hanover schools sex abuse civil case
- Former Randolph area school counselor arrested on multiple sex crime charges
- Asheville teacher charged with indecent liberties, obscene materials
- Burlington Christian Academy coach arrested on sex charges involving student
- Ex-assistant principal convicted; sentenced up to 5 years for sex crimes
- 20-year veteran Wake County area teacher arrested on sex crime charges
Tag Archives: Wake County Schools
News and Observer is reporting the hiring (or shifting around of) of 8 new principals in Wake county. Four are interim appointments.
Also, here come higher taxes — the original $1.7 billion dollar proposed Wake county schools budget was passed by the Wake County Commissioners at a lower total of $1.1 billion. Continue reading
News and Observer has an article up about Wake County Schools enrollment numbers being down and the subsequent potential loss of revenue for the school system.
I left a comment:
READ THE COMMENT – SEE THE HOMESCHOOLING NUMBERS FOR WAKE COUNTY Continue reading
In case you missed it, Wake County Public Schools is considering banning selfies and videos taken by students during the school day.
The Daily Haymaker has a good run down. Go read it.
Daily Haymaker’s article stopped short of addressing the hypocritical and big brotherly comments made by Wake School Board member, Jim Martin.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
The pro-Common Core Mantra: “It’s just a set of standards.”
See what my child has been doing in Common Core math. My kid is good at math, but is being forced to learn multiple strategies regardless of what works best for him. Then he has to ‘explain’ them in writing.
These documents I’m talking about were created by Wake County Schools. This is Common Core aligned curriculum and yes, the kids have to do it the ‘Common Core way’.
KEEP READING – SEE THE DOCUMENTS Continue reading
Sixteen Wake County Elementary schools will be participating in a Duke University tied pilot program called “Nurturing For A Bright Future”. This program is related to the American Association for Gifted Children at Duke University and is part of the ‘Bright Idea 2’ program.
The sixteen elementary schools are:
Through a Freedom of Information request, I was able to obtain details on the program. Part of the response I received from Wake County Schools included the following details:
KEEP READING – SEE THE FOIA REQUESTED DOCUMENTS Continue reading
How nice for Phil Kirk to write about the “strategic plan” costing Wake taxpayers over 58K. http://t.co/uc3mZwvgP2 #nced #wcpss
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) August 23, 2014
Isn’t that special? A nice rah-rah article drawing attention to the costly “strategic plan” for Wake County Schools. Where was this kind of press for the Superintendent’s ‘listening’ forum earlier this year? Continue reading