A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
- Case delayed again for Robeson teacher accused of assaulting student
- Iredell Public Schools teacher accused of soliciting nude photos from teen
- Buncombe teacher sentenced after pleading guilty to sex with student charges
- Keep the articles coming, donate today
Tag Archives: Homeschooling
In a Harvard Magazine article, Elizabeth Bartholet, faculty director of Harvard Law School’s Child Advocacy Program, makes a number of pretty outrageous – and demonstrably false – claims about homeschooling. Continue reading
Sen. Ted Cruz has a new video out extolling the value of homeschooling.
In it, Cruz notes that ‘homeschoolers strengthen the fundamental pillars of our nation’. The video is at the bottom of this article and is embedded in the announcement on his campaign site.
The announcement on Cruz’s site notes the coalition already has over 6,500 members:
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO… Continue reading
News and Observer has an article up about Wake County Schools enrollment numbers being down and the subsequent potential loss of revenue for the school system.
I left a comment:
READ THE COMMENT – SEE THE HOMESCHOOLING NUMBERS FOR WAKE COUNTY Continue reading
This past November, Germany’s Supreme Court has created criminal charges and penalties for parents who do not send their child to public school. In the case of the Wunderlich’s, the government seized not only their bank account, but their children.
Those of you who followed my updates on the Romeike family and their quest for asylum in the United States due to homeschool persecution in Germany, you need to watch this video from the Homeschool League Defense Association (HSLDA) on the Wunderlich’s. Read their story here.
KEEP READING – SEE THE VIDEO – READ THEIR STORY Continue reading
At the tail end of NCSPIN episode #827, they covered the explosion in homeschool rates in North Carolina.
At about 23:44, the host makes mention that a lot of the feedback from those pulling their kids to homeschool was due to Common Core, then segues into the NC General Assembly ordering a “re-working” of Common Core. The host asks former Lt. Governor Wicker if the changes to the Common Core will bring those parents and students back into the public school system. Wicker said no, ‘more and more find it an attractive option’. Wicker also did an apologist dance for the Core, saying it was ‘misunderstood’.
Watch: Continue reading
The following is a Guest post by a concerned parent and citizen of NC from the Homeschooling community.
As a concerned parent, I have been asked to share with you some of my findings in looking into Common Core Standards’ web in NC’s education. Below is just a small amount of what I’ve learned.
Beware the dressing up of a sow!
What do I mean?! Charter schools, since the cap has been lifted, are sprouting up and taking advantage of the Common Core Standards. Continue reading