LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC Dept. Of Public Instruction Touts 4th Year of Powerschool, Ignores Failings
- Wake School Board Race Will Use 2011 Maps; 4 Incumbents Run Unopposed
- WRAL Report On Edgecombe Teacher Turnover Doesn’t Include Supplemental Pay Figures
- NC Big Media Still Silent on Suit To Remove Keever – #ncpol #ncdems
- NC Longitudinal Database Committee Quietly Dissolved and Replaced
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Tag Archives: Wake County Board of Commissioners
Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) has a budget of over $1.4 billion dollars. WCPSS’s board has been wrestling with a budget gap of around $17.5 million.
In order to balance the budget, the WCPSS board has compiled a list of budget cuts. The vast majority of these cuts will impact the classroom directly. It appears the board has chosen the route that would yield the most pain for students and teachers.
Meanwhile, the board approved purchasing a car dealership’s property near downtown Raleigh to the tune of over $6.3 million dollars. Continue reading
The Wake County Commissioners certainly are on a roll lately.
First it was shifting from their campaign promises that education spending was their top priority to transit being their big hair deal. Now they are taking up the long debunked ‘wage gap’ myth.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading