A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Winston-Salem teacher pleads guilty to indecent liberties charges
- Wake County teacher arrested for driving while impaired, controlled substance
- Stanly County teacher jailed on sexual offense charges involving female student
- Two Apex High School educators charged with intoxication, disruption
- Former Pitt County Public Schools secretary charged with indecent liberties
- Nations Report Card 2019 scores down or flat compared to 2015
- Former Johnston County elementary principal charged with sexual assault
- Mooresville area volunteer coach arrested on multiple felony counts including statutory rape
- Buncombe County Schools psychologist arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- Brunswick teacher resigns after arrest for over 25 pounds of pot found in home
Tag Archives: Wake County Board of Commissioners
Calla Wright, co-founder of the Coalition of Concerned Citizens for African American Children (CCCAC) recently sent emails to members of the Wake County Board of Commissioners complaining about the current student assignment plan in county’s school district.
The emails obtained by this site show Wright’s outrage over an article that appeared in the News and Observer. The article was about detailed a study by the Brookings Institute on diversity issues in Wake and Charlotte-Mecklenburg school districts. Continue reading
Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) has a budget of over $1.4 billion dollars. WCPSS’s board has been wrestling with a budget gap of around $17.5 million.
In order to balance the budget, the WCPSS board has compiled a list of budget cuts. The vast majority of these cuts will impact the classroom directly. It appears the board has chosen the route that would yield the most pain for students and teachers.
Meanwhile, the board approved purchasing a car dealership’s property near downtown Raleigh to the tune of over $6.3 million dollars. Continue reading
A Federal Court Judge rejected the challenges to the Wake county school board and Wake county commissioners maps yesterday.
Federal court rejects challenge to #Wake Cty districts https://t.co/tXPRPZ1QyN
Plaintiffs failed to prove anything pic.twitter.com/3BXEVfNIZW
— A.P. Dillon – LL1885 (@LadyLiberty1885) March 2, 2016
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
The Wake County Commissioners certainly are on a roll lately.
First it was shifting from their campaign promises that education spending was their top priority to transit being their big hair deal. Now they are taking up the long debunked ‘wage gap’ myth.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Dispatches from the 100% Democrat held Wake County Board of Commissioners: . @WakeGOV may skip 2016 school bond to protect Nov. referendum to raise sales taxes to fund transit plan https://t.co/HZD1ASbeLf #wcpss — Keung Hui (@nckhui) January 31, 2016 //platform.twitter.com/widgets.js … Continue reading
In the last week, there have been a number of articles about student growth in Wake County Schools.
Some of these articles focused on what role Wake schools play in boosting the local economy. These articles, in my opinion, are laying a narrative groundwork for a coming bond proposal or tax increase.
We already know the Wake County Commissioners are ready to raid our wallets and have already given Wake County schools more money. It’s not enough, they will claim as they point to articles like the one I am about to deconstruct.
KEEP READING… Continue reading