A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Half of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights pen letter to U.S. AG over targeting of parents
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
Tag Archives: Powerschool
For years I’ve chronicled how PowerSchool is the gift curse that just keeps on giving – everything from hacks to outages to the $7 million a year cost.
The latest gift is a glitch that has potentially messed with grades for students all over the state. Continue reading
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction sent out a press release yesterday, hailing the success of Powerschool, which captures student data and information statewide.
The press release also didn’t mention Powerschool’s failings.
These failings include a $7 million dollar maintenance rate, hundreds of ‘slow connectivity incidents’, missing deliverables and suspect payments to ‘contractors’. Continue reading
A June 9th letter sent by the Homebase Leadership team to the NC Department of Public Instruction Leadership and PowerSchool team is packed with bombshells.
The memo, obtained exclusive by this site details massive outrages, infrastructure failure, missing deliverables, issues with transitioning to in-house operation and more. The issues with PowerSchool have been continual since its implementation Continue reading
Through the course of my inquiries about Powerschool, the student data capturing program, the following note (below) landed in my inbox.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
So, a student has been arrested for hacking into a Wake county school to change his grade
He did it multiple times…. MULTIPLE.
But your child’s data is safe… they said. Continue reading
Welcome back to Pearson Is Everywhere!
The last installment was back in May when the Minnesota test was hacked. Much has happened in the world of Pearson since then. This will be a round-up of sorts. Continue reading