A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- More victims come forward in case of convicted New Hanover Schools teacher
- Wake County substitute teacher charged with murder
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
Tag Archives: Tricia Cotham
Some quick hits on what’s going on in Education in North Carolina (8/26/25)
-FOOD FOR THOUGHT
-KEA and K-3 ASSESSMENT UPDATE
-NC SUPERINTENDENT RACE
AND MORE…. Continue reading
Who is running and who isn’t?
The N&O wants to make sure you know the name Josh Stein.
Voters should know the name BlueprintNC and follow Stein’s money.
KEEP READING … NC Superintendent and CCSSO President, Dr. Atkinson doesn’t get off the hook here… Continue reading
“Editor’s Note: BEST NC is a supporter of EdNC.”
The PR machine for SAS’s BEST NC has cranked out another article out tied to the “Vision 2020” recommendations (see pages 17-20).
“The bill is titled, “Great Leaders for Great Schools/Study,” and the primary sponsors are Democrats Rep. Tricia Ann Cotham and Rep. Cecil Brockman, and Republican Rep. Craig Horn.
Cotham said she came to the General Assembly as one of its only licensed principals, and she says North Carolina faces a crisis.”
Note the use of the the term ‘crisis’.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Stay classy, Rep. Cotham and Commissioner Burns.
GEE, this is a Dem Wake Commissioner AND a Dem #NCGA Rep. Very hostile. Very unprofessional. #ncpol #wboc pic.twitter.com/EKWABTZlLP
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 6, 2015
More ‘politicizing’ from Rep. Tricia Cotham. cotham core politicizing
She sat on the Common Core Legislative Research Committee, yet continues to ignore the reality of these flawed, experimental standards and the public outcry on Common Core. Instead, she insists on attempting to demonize opposition.
During debate of the bill (SB 812) to repeal and replace Common Core in North Carolina, State House Rep. Cotham (D-100) continued to politicize the measure. She even invoked the President’s name in order to try and politicize the vote:
Cotham just politicized the Common Core again while saying it has become political. She just threw in Obama. #StopCommonCore #NCGA
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) July 16, 2014
Another day, another News and Observer Common Core fiasco. John Frank has gotten really skilled at regurgitating talking points instead of actual reporting. I could pick this latest attempt down line by line, but frankly I don’t have the time to waste. I will hit highlights instead. This section bothered me: Continue reading