A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Guilford County Schools teacher charged with multiple counts of sex act with a student
- Law firms file suit against Guilford County Board of Education in Holland case
- Former Yadkin County substitute teacher charged with taking indecent liberties with child
- Second suit filed against New Hanover School Board related to teacher-student assault case
- Buffy is still right about homeschooling
- New Hanover’s Michael Kelly has 4 more plaintiffs added to Civil Suit against him
- Radical Organize2020 members take over leadership of NCAE
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: BEST NC
Sometime in the last few months, ‘education non-profit’ BEST NC added a current Wake County Schools Board member to their staff. Continue reading
Last week, Dr. Atkinson jump started her relection campaign with a speech in front of the legislature’s House Select Committee on Education.
KEEP READING… #STUFFATKINSONSAYS Continue reading
BEST NC is soliciting feedback on their ‘Facts and Figures’ document.
It’s worth taking a moment to look through some of the charts they’ve assembled. I admit, it’s far more comprehensive than anything the Department of Public Instruction has put out. Continue reading
The Education Legislator?
“Rep. Craig Horn (R-Union) is the education legislator. It’s an odd moniker considering he only moved to the state in 2005, has no education background and didn’t even start out focused on the subject.” Continue reading
Here are some quick hits on what’s going on in Education in North Carolina. Continue reading
Earlier this week the NC Common Core commission or Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) met and allowed for parents to comment. See my earlier article, NC Common Core #ASRC June Meeting Update for reference. In my prior article I mentioned a particular “parent” … Continue reading
How does Rep. Craig Horn define ‘proficiency and rigor’?
According to Horn’s press release yesterday, the definition is tied to how well our state scored on a flawed system (NAEP) that is not benchmarked to international standards and to a manipulated grading system which is being manipulated even further with two separate NCGA bills.
KEEP READING…. IT’S WORSE THAN YOU THINK. Continue reading