A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Trial pushed back for New Hanover band teacher facing 29 counts
- Duplin County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving student
- Anson elementary teacher facing 18 counts related to child pornography
- Quiet Epidemic 2021: 24 reported NC public school education arrests
- Graham High band director arrested on indecent liberties charges
- Cleveland County Schools bus driver charged with DWI while on duty
- New Hanover teacher arrested for assault on a female
- Second staffer leaves Wake County Office of Equity Affairs
- Cleveland County schools sub arrested on seven sex-related charges
- WCPSS Chair Sutton hired as Warren County superintendent
Tag Archives: Tammy Covil
E-Learning Academies Target Homeschool Students for Profit
by Tammy J. Covil
As public school systems across the country lose funding due to steady declines in enrollment by parents choosing alternative education options, public school administrators have begun devising clever programs designed to coerce them back into the system.
Earlier this month, an article in the Lexington Herald Leader outlined one such program. The Wayne County public school system is attempting to connect with homeschool students through online courses in exchange for enrollment into the school system. Continue reading
According to the Star News Online headline, House Bill 2 (HB2) protesters “stormed out” of a New Hanover County School Board meeting earlier this week when the board didn’t respond to the public comments that were made.
What Star News Online apparently did not capture was the protester activity of targeting a board member during the meeting. That board member was Tammy Covil, who posted an account of what happened at the meeting to her Facebook page on July 13th.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
One of the North Carolina General Assembly races this blog followed was the NC-20 House race between Tammy Covil and Holly Grange. Covil ran a tough campaign, calling out Grange’s company, Osprey Global Solutions, and its involvement in Benghazi.
Covil cited the Special Committee on Benghazi and the discovery of emails between Hillary Clinton and Sidney Blumenthal. Those emails showed Blumenthal going to bat for Grange’s company. Blumenthal appears to hold a financial interest in Osprey Global Solutions as well.
The Grange campaign responded by firing off a ‘cease and desist’ letter to the Covil campaign.
As it turns out, in a recent document dump by the House Committee on Benghazi further underscores Covil’s initial claims. Osprey Global Solutions and the very lucrative contracts it would be gaining are also mentioned throughout pages 44 to 50 of the document.
The Holly Grange campaign has gone full Obama by using lawfare to silence her opponent in the NC-20 House Race, Tammy Covil. Continue reading
Over at Jones and Blount, there is a story up about NC Board of Education Chairman, Bill Cobey, going all in for John Kasich in the Presidential race.
I don’t want to ever hear how NCSBE Chair Bill Cobey is a “Conservative” again.
KEEP READING… Continue reading