Tag Archives: Pat McCrory

#BlueprintNC Mondays Losing Steam… But Not Caskets?

This was Moral Monday 18. This one was a “Youth” led event complaining about SB 589 also known as VIVA. The turn out was the biggest event ever! About two dozen turned out from the looks of the ABC 11 shot:

#MoralMonday 18 underway at Baptist church on Wilmington #NAACP #ABC11 pic.twitter.com/qzISocX73o

— AngelicaAlvarezABC11 (@AlvarezABC11) September 16, 2013

Protest Fatigue or have they worn out their welcome like Occupy? Maybe both.
I found two live streams of the event and both kept the camera zoomed in on the speaker. When they did pan, all 3 or so dozen people were clapping wildly and I am including the throng around the podium in that assessment. (Stream 1, Stream 2)

By the way, Reverend Barber got up last and went on to talk about the Birmingham bombing. Barber went on to say that the blood of those 4 girls who were murdered in Birmingham 50 years ago was now on the hands of the members of the NCGA, Speaker Tillis and Governor McCrory. Continue reading

Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), ELECTIONS, Moral Monday, POLITICS NC, THE LEFT, Voting | Tagged , , , , , , | 1 Comment

PPP Flawed Methodology Not A Bug, But A Feature?

In my travels this morning, I spied an article at New Republic about Public Policy Polling entitled, There’s Something Wrong With America’s Premier Liberal Pollster – The problem with PPP’s methodology. The article points out that PPP has been deleting questions to avoid criticism, following no consistent methodology, bad sampling and, in essence, weighting questions to get the results they like.
Excerpts with emphasis added:

After examining PPP’s polls from 2012 and conducting a lengthy exchange with PPP’s director, I’ve found that PPP withheld controversial elements of its methodology, to the extent it even has one, and treated its data inconsistently….. Continue reading

Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), ELECTIONS, POLITICS NC | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Hey, AP & Local Media — About Those #DHHS Positions…

There’s been a bit of a stir about the pay raises of two NC DHHS employees in the last week or so. The entire story, to me, seems like a giant deflection play by various groups who lost argument about the education budget. At any rate, this past week, the AP was reporting that these positions were never “posted”. I had a suspicion as to why these positions were raised they way they were, so I did some poking around and digging.

I reached out to a few sources who know how state employment works and did a little bit of reading over at OSP. Here’s the link, in case someone out there needs to research: ARTICLE 1 – Chapter 126 – State Personnel Act.pdf

I’m going to break down the article addressing the big things one at a time; my findings are in bold. Via CBS Charlotte: Continue reading

Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), Media Bias, POLITICS NC | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Hey, AP & Local Media — About Those #DHHS Positions…

The End Must Be Near – A Poll Said So.

OH NOES!! A Public Policy Polling Poll said McCrory’s approval is tanking…

With Moderate Democrats. Key poll questions below. Continue reading

Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), ELECTIONS, GOP, Moral Monday, Occupy 2.0, POLITICS NC | Tagged , , | Comments Off on The End Must Be Near – A Poll Said So.

School Vouchers In NC For Low Income Students

In all the manufactured chaos that descended on the NC General Assembly in the last week, an important item in education seemingly got lost in the mix. Governor McCory rolled out a voucher program for low income students called “Opportunity Scholarships”.

The nuts and bolts of the program were in a press release that went out on July 28th: Continue reading

Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), EDUCATION, POLITICS NC, THE LEFT | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off on School Vouchers In NC For Low Income Students

3rd Local Media Outlet Ignores Goodmon/Blueprint NC Connection

The hole Blueprint NC has dug for themselves just got a little deeper. The Director, Sean Kosofsky, has made an attempt to distance himself from the memo. Kosofsky appears to be wildly finger-pointing in any direction but that of him and his organization and stops short of claiming a ‘vast Right Wing conspiracy’:

“On Friday, however, he said Blueprint did not pass on the controversial three-page draft. He suggested it was appended to the other documents by someone hoping to tarnish his organization.” (Raleigh N&O)

From the Raleigh News and Observer: Head of Blueprint North Carolina denies his group sent memo plotting attacks on Republicans

The head of a Raleigh nonprofit group on Friday sought to distance his group from a memo laying out ways liberals could attack Gov. Pat McCrory and other Republican leaders.

Sean Kosofsky, executive director of Blueprint North Carolina, said he misunderstood a reporter’s questions on Thursday about documents emailed by Blueprint’s former communications director to the group’s partners.

he documents, obtained by the Observer from another source, included talking points for progressive policy positions and an issues poll. It also appeared to include three pages of a draft strategy that called for weakening Republican legislators by “crippling their leaders” and working to “weaken their ability to govern.”

Kosofsky said on Thursday that the documents, some from other groups, were emailed to supporters by Blueprint.

On Friday, however, he said Blueprint did not pass on the controversial three-page draft. He suggested it was appended to the other documents by someone hoping to tarnish his organization.

“I misunderstood,” he said Friday. “This is just a bunch of confusion. I think someone has an agenda to deceive people about the connection between these things. … There are things said in there that I might even agree with, but it’s just not us.”

He said the three-page draft was circulated in December at a meeting of more than 50 progressive groups. He’s not sure who drafted it.

The article goes on to mention the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation and the big chunk of money they give Blueprint NC, but makes no mention of the local media mogul and his AJ Fletcher Foundation that has also sent Blueprint NC funding– Jim Goodmon, owner of WRAL.

This morning, ABC11’s story on Blueprint NC also left out the connection. I tweeted to the author of the story, Jon Camp, questioning the omission:

@abc11joncamp Really light on the details links to external docs aren’t ya? How about @wral connection to funding? abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?sec…

— LL1885 (@LadyLiberty1885) February 23, 2013

I also tweeted to the News and Observer asking a similar question. I will update this post with any responses I receive from any local media entities I have contacted about the story. As of yet, WRAL has still not responded.

Read prior/related Blueprint NC posts:

@WRAL Silent On Internal Link To Blueprint NC’s Attack Memo

Liberal NC Non-Profit Group’s Attack Memo Leaked

Something is Rotten in NC… Blueprint NC, that is. Continue reading

Posted in Media Bias, POLITICS NC, THE LEFT | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments