A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s radical education arm renamed “Learning For Justice”
Tag Archives: Vouchers
This is a friendly reminder to all that Roy Cooper hates School Choice.
ALL school choice. Continue reading
Senator Tillman today, 2015 : “I’ve never been for school vouchers.” (Policy Watch)
“They [private schools] are not regulated and we don’t know what they teach there, do we? Do you know?” said Tillman at the conclusion of Tuesday’s joint education appropriations meeting. A proponent of “school choice,” Tillman said he prefers the charter school model over private school vouchers.
“And do you know who’s the biggest recipient of school vouchers? A Muslim school,” said Tillman. “The Muslim schools are leading the pack. I’m not in favor of that.”
Let’s take a walk back in time, shall we?
As you read, ask yourself: Does Senator Tillman believe in all school choice or just the choice of schools he deems worthy?
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Dueling narratives on “vouchers” have emerged in the last 24 hours. It’s not really a “voucher” issue, it’s about the Opportunity Scholarships.
Yesterday, an Ex-NCAE lobbyist switched sides in voucher debate.
Today, the education PR outfit, EducationNC, has the following story up on their site today: NC Policy Watch Panel on Vouchers
Note who was in this conversation — Moral Monday participant, NCAE attorney and newly elected Wake County Commissioner, Jessica Holmes:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
This past June, I noted some vile comments being made on this site by a rather prominent Democrat. From the email address and IP associated with these comments, they appeared to be coming from one Bill Franklin. This Bill Franklin:
SEC Member, Alamance County
2nd Vice Chair, 6th Democratic Congressional District
Well, he’s back.
Mr. Franklin has gone from a #WarOnWomen and “Teabilly” theme to now attacking scholarships meant to help low-income kids get a better education — one that is chosen by their parents. Stayed up late to troll me and the kiddies too. See below: Continue reading
Does this statement sound familiar?
‘The voucher tax credit is bad public policy for public education and our taxpayers, diverting millions of dollars in taxpayer money with no accountability or oversight to religious and private schools.’ Continue reading
Shorter NC Judge Hobgood: Ghetto schools for ghetto kids #ncpol
— T Bradley (@TBradleyNC) August 21, 2014
Judge Hobgood has overruled himself on school vouchers. First he imposed an injunction, then he lifted the injunction pending another hearing and now he’s permanently blocked low-income and at risk kids from attending schools their parents would choose. Continue reading