A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Case delayed again for Robeson teacher accused of assaulting student
- Iredell Public Schools teacher accused of soliciting nude photos from teen
- Buncombe teacher sentenced after pleading guilty to sex with student charges
- Keep the articles coming, donate today
- Former Robeson teacher facing charge of assaulting student
- Former Guilford area charter school teacher sentenced in child pornography case
- Pennsylvania man blasts school board for censoring public comments in opposition to Critical Race Theory
- Former Union County teacher arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- Rufo video neatly packages Critical Race Theory’s history, purpose and how to fight it
- Union County teacher arrested on indecent liberties charges
Category Archives: Homeschool
This installment of NCED Updates covers Coronavirus news impacting schools nationally and at the state level. Various NC education and national headlines are also included. Continue reading
Homeschooling numbers are up again in North Carolina.
The number has jumped by 11,415 more students than the previous year and represents the largest number of students homeschooling in the state history. That’s a 10.7% increase over the previous 2014-15 school year.
E-Learning Academies Target Homeschool Students for Profit
by Tammy J. Covil
As public school systems across the country lose funding due to steady declines in enrollment by parents choosing alternative education options, public school administrators have begun devising clever programs designed to coerce them back into the system.
Earlier this month, an article in the Lexington Herald Leader outlined one such program. The Wayne County public school system is attempting to connect with homeschool students through online courses in exchange for enrollment into the school system. Continue reading
Last week, Dr. Terry Stoops of the John Locke Foundation noted a steady gain in charter school attendance in the Dept. of Public Instruction report.
There is a lot of great info in Stoop’s newsletter, but one part caught my eye… Continue reading
School Choice is booming in North Carolina according to the most recent numbers.
According to a press release by the John Locke Foundation, over 280,000 students in North Carolina are now taking advantage of Charter schools, private schools and are homeschooling.
Homeschooling has seen the biggest gains with over 107,000 students; surpassing Private school enrollment for the first time in state history. The numbers are huge, with 92 of North Carolina’s 100 districts seeing triple digit growth in homeschooling.
The largest number of homeschools is in Wake County — 6,359 which includes 10,407 students.
Read the full press release: Continue reading
Sen. Ted Cruz has a new video out extolling the value of homeschooling.
In it, Cruz notes that ‘homeschoolers strengthen the fundamental pillars of our nation’. The video is at the bottom of this article and is embedded in the announcement on his campaign site.
The announcement on Cruz’s site notes the coalition already has over 6,500 members:
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO… Continue reading