A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Buncombe County Schools psychologist arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- Brunswick teacher resigns after arrest for over 25 pounds of pot found in home
- More victims come forward in case of convicted New Hanover Schools teacher
- Wake County substitute teacher charged with murder
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
Category Archives: Homeschool
This installment of NCED Updates covers Coronavirus news impacting schools nationally and at the state level. Various NC education and national headlines are also included. Continue reading
Homeschooling numbers are up again in North Carolina.
The number has jumped by 11,415 more students than the previous year and represents the largest number of students homeschooling in the state history. That’s a 10.7% increase over the previous 2014-15 school year.
E-Learning Academies Target Homeschool Students for Profit
by Tammy J. Covil
As public school systems across the country lose funding due to steady declines in enrollment by parents choosing alternative education options, public school administrators have begun devising clever programs designed to coerce them back into the system.
Earlier this month, an article in the Lexington Herald Leader outlined one such program. The Wayne County public school system is attempting to connect with homeschool students through online courses in exchange for enrollment into the school system. Continue reading
Last week, Dr. Terry Stoops of the John Locke Foundation noted a steady gain in charter school attendance in the Dept. of Public Instruction report.
There is a lot of great info in Stoop’s newsletter, but one part caught my eye… Continue reading
School Choice is booming in North Carolina according to the most recent numbers.
According to a press release by the John Locke Foundation, over 280,000 students in North Carolina are now taking advantage of Charter schools, private schools and are homeschooling.
Homeschooling has seen the biggest gains with over 107,000 students; surpassing Private school enrollment for the first time in state history. The numbers are huge, with 92 of North Carolina’s 100 districts seeing triple digit growth in homeschooling.
The largest number of homeschools is in Wake County — 6,359 which includes 10,407 students.
Read the full press release: Continue reading
Sen. Ted Cruz has a new video out extolling the value of homeschooling.
In it, Cruz notes that ‘homeschoolers strengthen the fundamental pillars of our nation’. The video is at the bottom of this article and is embedded in the announcement on his campaign site.
The announcement on Cruz’s site notes the coalition already has over 6,500 members:
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO… Continue reading