A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
Tag Archives: Teach For America
Try as they might to bend reality, Teach for America (TFA) is not a teacher training outfit. They are a well-funded political operative recruitment outfit hiding behind 501(c)3 status….
KEEP READING — READ ABOUT TFA’s offshoot, Governor McCrory’s former Aide, how much NC spends on TFA and how TFA alums are coordinating Black Lives Matter protests. Continue reading
Yesterday, Michelle Malkin wrote about Teach for America’s Professional Agitators over at Townhall.com.
In the article, Malkin lays out the connections between Teach for America (TFA) and the coordinated protests in places like Durham, Ferguson, Baltimore and now in McKinney, Texas. Continue reading
This month, the Dept. of Justice released a report titled, The President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing.
It contains multiple issues, but also persistent theme of keeping local law enforcement from actually enforcing some laws; specifically, immigration laws.
Also, why is there a Teach for America director on this task force on POLICING?
KEEP READING… Continue reading
This is a reposting of my weekly Da Tech Guy column: Protest and Educators Continue reading
Here is an interesting tidbit. Durham schools has dropped their contract with Teach for America (TFA), citing the district no longer needs the group and that their turnover rate isn’t in line with the district’s retention goals.
The district has worked with TFA for the past decade and currently has 12 teachers from the program in local schools: Six at Southern School of Energy and Sustainability, four at Neal Magnet Middle School and two at Eastway Elementary School.
The Board of Education last month decided not to renew TFA’s contract, saying the district no longer needs the group’s help and that local schools need teachers willing to commit more than the two years TFA requires.
“We want to build a strong teacher workforce that’s made up of career educators,” school board Chairwoman Heidi Carter said Friday. “Our job is to look long term and make decisions that will benefit the most students over time.”
Carter said the inconsistency and turnover after TFA teachers leave can create problems, especially in high-risk schools where many of the teachers are placed.
“No organization in the business world builds its workforce from temp employees, and basically, that’s what this would be doing.” she said. – WRAL
This criticism about turnover is not new. Flashback to 2011 when Diane Ravitch spoke at Duke:
READ MORE – SEE THE DETAILS ON MONETARY JUGGERNAUT TFA Continue reading