A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
- Case delayed again for Robeson teacher accused of assaulting student
- Iredell Public Schools teacher accused of soliciting nude photos from teen
- Buncombe teacher sentenced after pleading guilty to sex with student charges
- Keep the articles coming, donate today
Category Archives: NC State Standards
The N.C. Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) is requesting comment and input in its proposed changes to the state’s social studies standards. Every parent with a K-12 child should consider weighing in. Continue reading
The N.C. Department of Public Instruction is continuing to move forward in their effort to infuse Social Justice into the state’s social studies curriculum and standards. Continue reading
DPI sent out a ‘Legislative Alert’ email, titled, Oppose HB 657 Taking Math Backwards.
Why does DPI hate parents and students, yet defends Common Core like it’s made of Gold? Continue reading
How does Rep. Craig Horn define ‘proficiency and rigor’?
According to Horn’s press release yesterday, the definition is tied to how well our state scored on a flawed system (NAEP) that is not benchmarked to international standards and to a manipulated grading system which is being manipulated even further with two separate NCGA bills.
KEEP READING…. IT’S WORSE THAN YOU THINK. Continue reading
This is a repost of my weekly article at DaTechGuy: The NC Common Core Commission
By A.P. Dillon
Last week, I have an update on the status of replacing Common Core in North Carolina. To recap, from the looks of it, North Carolina’s Governor and State Superintendent are counting on the State Board of Education to shrug off the Academic Standards Review Commission’s (ASRC) work and go with a rebrand. I’d like to hope I’m wrong in that assessment, but that seems to be what they’re saying.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
CCSSO President Elect and NC State Superintendent, June Atkinson, is apparently holding her own little Common Core Commission.
“So parallel to the work of this commission, we will be looking at the standards by inviting teachers who have used the standards for at least two to three years to give us input,” she said.
– Citizen Times
Oh really? Look out, we’ve got a “bearing false witness” alert here.CC June False Witness
Atkinson can’t be on the commission, so she will make sure Common Core gets a seen as superior with her hand-picked “parallel” group.
KEEP READING Continue reading