A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Second Rowan teacher arrested on child exploitation, indecent liberties charges
- WCPSS high school teacher arrested for DWI with child in car
- #WCPSS Updates: A $450k settlement, thermostats and a substitute defends herself
- #NCED Updates: Reading Assessment tool battle continues, National and School Choice headlines
- Yes, Trump is a complete @#$%, but…
- The public deserves to know about the de facto PR firms of the WCPSS board
- If you found this site useful in 2019, keep it alive in 2020
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Reassignment
#WCPSS Updates: Report says MVP is just fine, Holy Magnet Schools, Special Needs transportation issues continue
This is mercifully the last WCPSS updates for 2019. In this installment: Consulting company hired by the Board for tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars says MVP is just fine. (Spoiler: It’s not) Also, the Holy Magnet Schools, Special needs … Continue reading
#WCPSS Updates this week include the BIMAS-2, a subjective mental health screening being given at seemingly random school locations, the latest draft of the reassignment plan and schools that are failing. Continue reading
In this edition of WCPSS Updates, there is a litany of bus-related stories including the continuation of the special needs busing saga and a bus engine bursting into flames with students on board. Also, an update on the school board’s … Continue reading
Welcome to the first WCPSS updates article. I usually roll Wake County Public Schools up into my NCED updates articles, but lately, the district has had enough news to generate its own edition. This edition will cover MVP Math updates, reassignment plan, restart status declarations and a ‘brain drain’. Continue reading
If a high tide raises all boats, then WCSB’s ‘Diversity Plan’ is more like an undertow, dragging kids and families out to sea. Continue reading
Two blips for the radar for parents and taxpayers in Wake County this week.
1. The Wake County School Board has rejected any changes to their controversial reassignment plan, despite very vocal opposition from residents and parents. More at News and Observer Ed section. Money quote:
“I’m having problems forcing this change,” said school board member Susan Evans.
Yeah, sure she is. Flashback to September, 2014:
KEEP READING – HIT THE TIP JAR! Continue reading