A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Lee County middle school teacher arrested on sex crime charges
- Polk public school teacher arrested on indecent liberties charges
- Johnston Public Schools teacher charged with abusing autistic adult
- Wake County teacher charged with 10 counts of sexual exploitation
- Former Scotland high school teacher charged with indecent liberties, sexual battery
- Raleigh Goddard School owner charged with sex act involving 5 year-old
- Student teacher arrested on 26 charges involving a student
- Third round of charges added to former Guilford substitute teacher
- Iredell teacher arrested after sending ‘sexually explicit’ video to student
- Halifax teacher arrested on indecent liberties charge involving student
Tag Archives: Busing
This installment of Wake County Public Schools (WCPSS) updates includes enrollment caps, busing and an update on the teacher at the center of a $450,000 settlement. Continue reading
In this edition of WCPSS Updates, there is a litany of bus-related stories including the continuation of the special needs busing saga and a bus engine bursting into flames with students on board. Also, an update on the school board’s … Continue reading
#WCPSS Updates: Supt. pay is raised while special needs kids have no buses, plus MVP Math, Reassignment draft delays and who is watching the kids?
It was a busy week or two in Wake County Public Schools.
Topics this week include the Superintendent getting a pay raise while special needs students still have no transportation. Also, touching base on MVP Math, fees for records requests and a question: who is watching the kids? Continue reading
A report via Jon Camp at ABC 11 details that Wake County Public Schools are looking to cut bus routes again this year. The report says they want to cut out around 3,000 of the current 25,000 routes.
I was semi-vocal about this last year, but if it happens this year I won’t be quietly emailing behind the scenes.
Get your act together, WCPSS. Stop blaming budgets and drivers. Stop cutting routes to save money at our student’s expense because you can’t work out a billion dollar budget.
Here’s a run down of some of the education news in North Carolina… and beyond. Reminder: Next Common Core Commission meeting is November 13th. That is a FRIDAY and not the usual meeting day, which is the third Monday of … Continue reading
Wake County Schools Bus Schedules have been in flux and have seen changes this year as kids across the county headed back to school. WRAL has reported the following:
RALEIGH, N.C. — Wake County students will walk further to bus stops this traditional school year as the Wake County Public Schools System cuts school bus routes and stops to improve the efficiency of its transportation system, the district announced Monday.
School busses will travel 116 fewer routes and make 4,000 fewer stops than last school year, said the district, which also outlined maximum walking distances to bus stops:
Three-tenths of a mile for elementary students
Half a mile for middle and high school students
With 21,000 stops, most students will not be affected, officials said.
According to one parent, this is crap. Kids who live in the “walk zone” are being told they can’t ride the bus. A Wake parent contacted me and told me the following:
KEEP READING Continue reading