A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: NCDPI
Despite what the public has been told, Common Core is still the set of standards being used in North Carolina.
Right now, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is revising the Kindergarten through 8th grade English Language Arts (ELA) standards. Continue reading
The Common Core standards are still alive and well in North Carolina and next round of lipstick on the pig is already underway. Continue reading
DPI sent out a ‘Legislative Alert’ email, titled, Oppose HB 657 Taking Math Backwards.
Why does DPI hate parents and students, yet defends Common Core like it’s made of Gold? Continue reading
At what point will the Wake County School Board finally acknowledge that Common Core is the root of most of the problems district students have?
Would a teacher survey that says, “only 50% believe that all students can meet grade level benchmarks given sufficient supports” do the trick?
Apparently not. Continue reading
Earlier this month, I wrote about another one of NC DPI’s bad ideas — the “student perception survey”.
I’ve traced them back to their origin — and it’s not the State Board of Education.
KEEP READING… Continue reading