A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
- Cleveland County teacher arrested for propositioning 15-year-old boy using social media
- New Hanover Band teacher arrested on 12 felony counts (Updated: Teacher fired)
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: #StuffAtkinsonSays
Earlier this year, North Carolina received an “F” on our teacher screening process in a USA Today report.
Several years ago, and by several I mean SIX YEARS ago, the subject of performing background checks on teachers in North Carolina was suggested, a committee did some work on it and their results were promptly stuck in a drawer by NC Superintendent Atkinson.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
A week ago it appeared Dr. Atkinson gave statements indicating NC Schools didn’t follow HB2 but didn’t clarify further.
This week, she’s clearly chosen a side.
KEEP READING. Continue reading
Earlier in February, Supt. Atkinson rolled out her latest big campaign… err… agenda item.
That item is Teacher Pay increases.
This is not a new item for Atkinson, she’s repeatedly mentioned this since the legislature flipped to a Republican majority. That’s not a bug, but a feature of her narrative.
In this blog post by Atkinson, she rolls out her 4 tier ‘Wedding cake’ strategy. Continue reading
If you’ve been following my series on Superintendent Atkinson being questioned about funds for the Excellent Public Schools Act being diverted into shifting personnel around, well, we have an update.
Dr. Atkinson has redefined “Misunderstanding”. Continue reading
Last week, Dr. Atkinson jump started her relection campaign with a speech in front of the legislature’s House Select Committee on Education.
KEEP READING… #STUFFATKINSONSAYS Continue reading
Here comes EdWeek with their state report cards.
Overall, North Carolina was given a C-.
But.. but.. Dr. Atkinson says everything is great! Graduation rates are up, or something.
There were three categories that made up that overall score, here they are with what grade our state was given:
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
The longest serving K-12 Educrat wants you to head to her brand new website, which is currently one whole page with a tiny little blurb on it touting a single statistic from her reign as Superintendent.
No, it’s not her beloved Common Core State Standards, it’s North Carolina Graduation rates.
Let’s take a look at that rate, shall we?
MAKE SURE TO STOP BACK LATER THIS WEEK…. NOT DONE DIGGING YET….