A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Half of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights pen letter to U.S. AG over targeting of parents
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
Tag Archives: Teacher Pay
Teacher pay in the state of North Carolina has continually risen for the last four years and the average has now surpassed $50,000 a year, not including benefits.
Cue the complaining from “non-partisan non-profit” outrage industry. Continue reading
Why Is NC Public School Forum Tweeting A 4 Year Old, Incorrect Statistic?
The NC Public Schools Forum’s recent email newsletter had a set of education stats in it.
The claim is 52% of NC Public School teachers have a second job. There was no source for this statistic, so I asked them and found out not only was this four year old data they were pulling, but the table says 24%, not 52%.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
A lengthy, well-written and detailed article at WRAL which covers the high teacher turnover rate in Edgecombe county mentions supplemental pay, but doesn’t give the figures.
These figures are important to understand why some counties might have higher turnover rates than others.
Here’s Edgecombe’s number of teachers (which also is the same number claiming the supplemental pay) and the average supplemental rates for the last five years: Continue reading
Lt. Governor Dan Forest lays out the education increases in the North Carolina 2016 budget, including raising teacher pay for the third year in a row.
WATCH: Continue reading
There are a few interesting education related nuggets from the proposed NCGA House Committee budget report.
Everything from Teacher pay to supporting the College Board’s monopoly on testing and curriculum through ‘bonuses’ to teachers. Continue reading
The headline at News and Observer reads, Teacher pay above $50,000 still wouldn’t be NC’s best ever.
Oh, really? Let’s rate this claim. Continue reading