A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #NCED Updates – Equity, Unions, Ed Bills and that K-3 Assessment drama
- Former School Administrator arrested on sex charges involving student
- WCPSS Equity Affairs: We will “Leverage student voices” to advance “Equity Framework”
- New Hanover Deputy Supt. resigns, SBI called in over student abuse complaint
- Former Lincoln County Principal charged with 11 sex crimes involving students
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Data collection
North Carolina Education updates this time around include a win for the Opportunity Scholarship program, a Sex Ed Sit-Out, and some legislative news.
Also, there are some very disturbing things coming out about data collection on our kids. I’ve included some of the relevant pieces at the end of this article. Continue reading
A committee formed to bring oversight to the statewide longitudinal database system (SLDS) in North Carolina was recently dissolved.
An August 8th letter from the board’s chair, Keith Werner, called for the dissolution of the board, “per Session law 2016-94 ( Appropriations Act 2016)”. Werner is also the Chief Information Officer of the NC’s Information Technology division. Continue reading
Last year, I wrote two articles on HB 401, Authorize Data Sharing for NCLDS, which seeks to increase student data collection and the sharing of that data with multiple North Carolina government entities.
Consider this article reminder. Continue reading
A bill to protect student online privacy has passed both houses of the NC General Assembly and had been sent to the Governor for signature.
SB 632 (Protect Student Online Privacy) was ratified last Friday.
It’s a good start, but there are some issues.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading