A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Half of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights pen letter to U.S. AG over targeting of parents
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
Category Archives: Opportunity Scholarships (OSP)
Late last Summer, Governor Roy Cooper added to his extensive list of lawsuits by adding a section to one of them that seeks to block Opportunity Scholarship money for low-income students. Nearly 7,000 low-income and minority kids would have their education choices ripped from them. Continue reading
Last week I wrote a much need article which dispelled the myths and misinformation on North Carolina Charter Schools.
This week, I will lay out the facts about the second school choice option being hammered by misinformation, the Opportunity Scholarship Program (OSP). Continue reading
As highlighted in a previous article, tucked inside the budget hammered out by the General Assembly are a number of program expansions, increases in various budgets and some new pilot programs.
View House Bill 1030 – 2016 Appropriations Act.
Another item in the budget concerns the expansion of the Opportunity Scholarship Program (OSP). The media in North Carolina often calls the OSP a ‘voucher program’.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
News and Observer reported on a ‘wish list’ of sorts put together by some of the Central North Carolina region’s superintendents.
The article doesn’t say it outright, but one item on the list was cutting off funding for Opportunity Scholarships. Continue reading
There is a March 2nd letter about the Opportunity Scholarship program penned by one Allison Mahaley in the News and Observer.
I’ve written extensively on Opportunity Scholarships over the last year. These scholarships hold an incredible 80% public favorability rating. Read about this scholarship program’s details as laid out in SB 402.
The most hilarious section of Mahaley’s letter was this one, where she contradicts herself inside the first two sentences:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
What the parents think is right for their child? Not really a factor for the Senator, apparently.
His main focus seems to be on “Muslim schools”. He stopped short of calling them “Schools of Terror” like NC Superintendent June Atkinson did.
Someone ask the Senator how many of those “Muslim schools” there are in North Carolina and whether those parents should be able to decide as to which school their kids go to learn. Here’s a hint – you can probably county them on your fingers.
By the way, here’s the law regulating private schools. There are plenty of regulations in place.
From Sen. Tillman’s weekly newsletter:
KEEP READING…. Continue reading