LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC Media Outlets Ledes on Recent #HB2 Ruling Mislead Citizens
- NC Dept. Of Public Instruction Touts 4th Year of Powerschool, Ignores Failings
- Wake School Board Race Will Use 2011 Maps; 4 Incumbents Run Unopposed
- WRAL Report On Edgecombe Teacher Turnover Doesn’t Include Supplemental Pay Figures
- NC Big Media Still Silent on Suit To Remove Keever – #ncpol #ncdems
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Tag Archives: June Atkinson
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction sent out a press release yesterday, hailing the success of Powerschool, which captures student data and information statewide.
The press release also didn’t mention Powerschool’s failings.
These failings include a $7 million dollar maintenance rate, hundreds of ‘slow connectivity incidents’, missing deliverables and suspect payments to ‘contractors’. Continue reading
Earlier this year, North Carolina received an “F” on our teacher screening process in a USA Today report.
Several years ago, and by several I mean SIX YEARS ago, the subject of performing background checks on teachers in North Carolina was suggested, a committee did some work on it and their results were promptly stuck in a drawer by NC Superintendent Atkinson.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The narrative is we have a teacher shortage.
In February, Superintendent June Atkinson blamed the shortage on not enough teachers entering the profession.
The truth is we have 7,300 backlogged teacher licensing applications in this state. Continue reading