LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- BLM, Far Left Organizations Protest Durham Police [Storify]
- Advised by Former Clinton Aide, NBA Ignores Changes To #HB2, Pulls Out of Charlotte
- Watchdog Groups File Brief in Support of Upholding NC Voter ID Law
- Lt. Governor Dan Forest Lays Out NC Education Budget Increases, Teacher Pay [Video]
- ICYMI – 23 States are now Suing the Obama Admin over Bathroom Edict
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Tag Archives: June Atkinson
Earlier this year, North Carolina received an “F” on our teacher screening process in a USA Today report.
Several years ago, and by several I mean SIX YEARS ago, the subject of performing background checks on teachers in North Carolina was suggested, a committee did some work on it and their results were promptly stuck in a drawer by NC Superintendent Atkinson.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The narrative is we have a teacher shortage.
In February, Superintendent June Atkinson blamed the shortage on not enough teachers entering the profession.
The truth is we have 7,300 backlogged teacher licensing applications in this state. Continue reading
In a report by Alex Granados at Education NC, video is included on a back and forth over graduation rates. Board member Collins questions that rate when you take into account low college ready proficiency rates.
Putting the question bluntly, what is the true or effective graduation rate when you take into account career and college readiness? Continue reading