A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Lee County middle school teacher arrested on sex crime charges
- Polk public school teacher arrested on indecent liberties charges
- Johnston Public Schools teacher charged with abusing autistic adult
- Wake County teacher charged with 10 counts of sexual exploitation
- Former Scotland high school teacher charged with indecent liberties, sexual battery
- Raleigh Goddard School owner charged with sex act involving 5 year-old
- Student teacher arrested on 26 charges involving a student
- Third round of charges added to former Guilford substitute teacher
- Iredell teacher arrested after sending ‘sexually explicit’ video to student
- Halifax teacher arrested on indecent liberties charge involving student
Tag Archives: EDUCATION
The is a reposting of my weekly Da Tech Guy Column: From The Mouths Of Our Children To Ed Reformers Ears Continue reading
Earlier this week, NC Superintendent and CCSSO President, Dr. June Atkinson gave a ‘State of Education’ set of remarks to Education PR Firm, EducationNC.
A citizen contacted me about this ‘statement’ and prepared one of their own. Read their rebuttal to Dr. Atkinson here. Continue reading
Top earners got bigger share of the education dollar pie in Granville County without the approval of the board education too, it seems. Either they have really fuzzy memories in Granville or their board needs a serious look at. What a mess.
OXFORD, N.C. — An audit released Friday found that Granville County school leaders, including the superintendent and associate superintendent, received large pay raises and contract extensions without the approval of the Board of Education.
“Most board members expressed that they were surprised to learn the details” of the contracts, according to Jill Wilson, an attorney with Brooks Pierce in Greensboro, who was hired by the school board to do the audit.
In several instances, the contracts noted that the board “voted unanimously” to approve pay hikes and other changes, but the auditor found that there was “absolutely no evidence” in the board’s meeting minutes or from board members’ recollections that the votes ever occurred.
– WRAL 5/16/14
I’m sure we’ll hear about this from the teachers with complaints about their pay scales right? *Crickets*
A couple of the findings from the audit: Continue reading
Originally posted on LL1885:
Several weeks ago, I reported on a “townhall” that was held at Cox Mills High in Cabarrus county. That “townhall” included political candidates, one of which made a political speech. That candidate is Earle Schecter, the…
The wagon to get out of Common Core town has started rolling. Stokes County is on board.
Stokes County Board of Education has issued a resolution rejecting the Common Core. In the resolution, they cite “substantial disagreement” amongst educators as to effectiveness, lack of vetting, lack of field testing, lack of training, lack of resources, non-sequential implementation, lack of data security and safeguard and other items. Continue reading