A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Judge denies motions to dismiss in New Hanover schools sex abuse civil case
- Former Randolph area school counselor arrested on multiple sex crime charges
- Asheville teacher charged with indecent liberties, obscene materials
- Burlington Christian Academy coach arrested on sex charges involving student
- Ex-assistant principal convicted; sentenced up to 5 years for sex crimes
- 20-year veteran Wake County area teacher arrested on sex crime charges
- Former New Hanover teacher sentenced to 50 to 62 years in prison
- Johnston County SRO and public school teacher wife under SBI investigation
- Madison County math teacher faces 47 felony counts
- Wake County school bus driver charged with DWI
Tag Archives: Granville County Public Schools
A Granville County teacher has been arrested by special agents with the NC State Bureau of Investigation (NC SBI) Computer Crimes Unit. Continue reading
Top earners got bigger share of the education dollar pie in Granville County without the approval of the board education too, it seems. Either they have really fuzzy memories in Granville or their board needs a serious look at. What a mess.
OXFORD, N.C. — An audit released Friday found that Granville County school leaders, including the superintendent and associate superintendent, received large pay raises and contract extensions without the approval of the Board of Education.
“Most board members expressed that they were surprised to learn the details” of the contracts, according to Jill Wilson, an attorney with Brooks Pierce in Greensboro, who was hired by the school board to do the audit.
In several instances, the contracts noted that the board “voted unanimously” to approve pay hikes and other changes, but the auditor found that there was “absolutely no evidence” in the board’s meeting minutes or from board members’ recollections that the votes ever occurred.
– WRAL 5/16/14
I’m sure we’ll hear about this from the teachers with complaints about their pay scales right? *Crickets*
A couple of the findings from the audit: Continue reading