A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s radical education arm renamed “Learning For Justice”
Tag Archives: Arne Duncan
There are a lot of questions being asked in the wake of the school shooting in Florida. One question being asked about school district discipline policies is starting to gain traction.
The so-called “school to prison pipeline” as it relates to changes in school discipline and how school resource officers (SROs) has garnered the attention of many. Continue reading
‘Nice funding ya, got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it.’ That’s what the Department of Education is basically saying to Oregon over the state’s Bill 2655. The federal government has leveled an official threat at a state over … Continue reading
In case you missed it, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan has expanded on his colorful rhetoric aimed at the peasants a.k.a, parents.
No longer is the ‘white suburban mom’ the target of his umbrage. Now any parent opting their kids out of the Common Core tests is fair game.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
One of the most prevalent myths perpetuated by Common Core supporters is that Common Core was or is state-led.
Duncan State LedNational Review Online (NRO) picked up that myth and applied it to the Secretary of Education’s recent ‘threat’ to parents who are opting their kids out of the Common Core tests.
NRO also picked up on Duncan’s statements being translated into an attempt to mobilize minority communities to defend Common Core and the tests — because… Civil Rights, you racists. Continue reading
These are the Common Core Weekend Reads for April 25, 2015.
This is a review of the past week of news on Common Core nationwide and in North Carolina.
Articles are organized by category. Continue reading
For those paying attention to the increasing intrusion and overreach by the federal government into education, the following link should really set your hair on fire:
Hold the Turkey: Federal Government Releases Massive Regulatory Agenda
The following quote is pulled from the section entitled, ““Phasing out” State Authority for Special Education”:
The Secretary will amend the regulations governing title I, part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), to phase out the authority of States to define modified academic achievement standards and develop alternate assessments based on those modified academic achievement standards in order to satisfy ESEA accountability requirements.
KEEP READING – THERE’S MORE…. Continue reading