A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- More victims come forward in case of convicted New Hanover Schools teacher
- Wake County substitute teacher charged with murder
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
- Wake County PTA Council holding “Diversity and Equity Inclusion Conference”
- Wake County Schools rented out a high school for a rap video filming (updated)
Tag Archives: Pete Kaliner
Only about four months ago a lower court judge, U.S. District Judge Thomas D. Schroeder, upheld North Carolina’s Voter ID law. That ruling was overturned by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday. This makes the 4th time in … Continue reading
In case you missed it yesterday, North Carolina’s Lt. Governor Dan Forest was on the Pete Kaliner show (WWNC 570) discussing Common Core. You can access the audio file on Kaliner’s Sound Cloud.
Topics included the NC Common Core Commission, the funding for the commission being held up by being tied up by the legislature, recommendations given to the Commission and more.
I’d like to thank Pete for mentioning this blog during their discussions about the NC Common Core Commission and the recommendations given by Former Common Core Validation Committee members, Dr. Sandra Stotsky and Dr. James Milgram.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
In case you missed it yesterday, I went on the Pete Kaliner show to discuss the Wake County ‘book club’ controversy. Hit the 76 minute mark.
Pete and I discussed the media closing ranks to defend the schools, the Principal of the school’s statements not matching up with the documentation, the need for greater transparency in what materials schools are using and In terms of transparency, Pete noted that I seem to be ‘a monster for parent concerns’. The most important piece discussed was the question, how appropriate is this material for 9 and 10 year-olds?
KEEP READING… Continue reading
On August 28th, Governor McCrory went on the air with Pete Kaliner of WWNC. The audio has been posted online and folks should take time to hear what he said about Common Core and the Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC). Reminder: Governor McCrory already tipped his hand on Operation Rebrand.
KEEP READING… Tweets, Commentary… Continue reading
ATTENTION COMMON CORE FIGHTERS:
Governor Common Core Rebrand will be on the Pete Kaliner show today on WWNC.
If you have a question for Gov. @PatMcCroryNC – let me know. He’ll be on the show today. Listen: http://t.co/NKwGcsOack #ncpol #ncga #avl
— Pete Kaliner (@PeteKaliner) August 28, 2014
READ MORE Continue reading
In case you missed it Friday, I joined WWNC 570’s Pete Kaliner in the first segment of his show. We talked about Common Core and my participation in Glenn Beck’s Common Core event ‘We Will Not Conform’. You can listen to the podcast of the show here. Continue reading