A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Lenoir schools “interventionist” charged with sex crimes
- Former Buncombe special ed teacher pleads guilty to sex crimes
- Caldwell chorus teacher accused of embezzlement
- CMS teacher to be extradited to TX on child sex crime charge
- Harnett teacher facing 95 sex crime counts involving students
- More charges added to former Guilford Public Schools teacher
- Lincoln County teacher charged with assault on a student
- Franklin County Public Schools teacher charged with sex crime
- Fired Cumberland Schools substitute charged with crimes against minors
- Suspended Iredell teacher re-arrested for violating pretrial orders involving a minor
Tag Archives: NC New Schools
Gates Funded Start Up’s Director Is Tarheel Of The Week
The News and Observer’s Tarheel of the Week is Tony Habit of NC New Schools. Anyone fighting Common Core in the state has heard both of those names at least a few times. Funnily enough, the N&O article doesn’t mention Common Core — at all.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), Common Core Tagged NC New Schools 1 Comment
Unanswered Questions On Those “10,000 Comments”
Those who attended the North Carolina Common Core legislative research committee meetings might remember remarks made by Dr. Atkinson about “10,000” comments or pieces of feedback apparently given on the standards prior to their implementation.
I’ve asked for those comments back in July and have yet to receive them. Perhaps publishing this question will help the data get to me. Continue reading
Posted in Common Core, NC DPI Tagged NC New Schools 1 Comment
NC Superintendent Holding Her Own Common Core Commission
CCSSO President Elect and NC State Superintendent, June Atkinson, is apparently holding her own little Common Core Commission.
“So parallel to the work of this commission, we will be looking at the standards by inviting teachers who have used the standards for at least two to three years to give us input,” she said.
– Citizen Times
Oh really? Look out, we’ve got a “bearing false witness” alert here.CC June False Witness
Atkinson can’t be on the commission, so she will make sure Common Core gets a seen as superior with her hand-picked “parallel” group.
KEEP READING Continue reading
Posted in Common Core, EDUCATION, June Atkinson, NC DPI, NC State Standards Tagged NC New Schools 3 Comments