A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- WSF volunteer arrested on sex crime charges involving student
- Wake County high school teacher charge with felony larceny
- Waynesville area private school teacher arrested on sex crime charge
- Burke County Schools teacher arrested for assault
- Edgecombe teacher charged with statutory sex offense
- Alexander County Schools employee charged for assaulting student
- Iredell elementary sub charged for being drunk on the job
- Transylvania County teacher arrested on rape and indecent liberties charges
- Chatham County Schools elementary teacher faces assault charge
- Cumberland schools teaching assistant arrested for assault on disabled student
Tag Archives: Hope Street Group
Last year, the Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) was created by the North Carolina General Assembly to get rid of Common Core failed in their task.
A new bill would literally fix what the commission failed to do.
An education non-profit known for recruiting teachers to promote Common Core in the political arena has received a large grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
In June of 2016, Hope Street Group received a grant for $2,650,003 for the purpose of ‘training teachers on policy’ and working on ‘perception improvements’. Continue reading
Parents, the same forces that came out to kill the Academic Standards Review Commission’s (ASRC) math recommendations have now come back out to try to kill HB 657.
CC ED Potemkin VillageIt’s basically the same groups who pressured various members of the ASRC to attack the Math work group leader, Dr. Scheick.
GET YOUR COFFEE.. THIS IS A LONG ONE… Continue reading
Surprise, surprise. EducationNC has an article up about the Bill Gates backed Hope Street Group. This dovetails nicely with the article I published earlier this morning on yet another Hope Street Group Fellow writing a pro-Common Core Op Ed.
Hope Street Group and outfits like them are an attempt to combat the fact that Common Core was NOT state-led, but in fact Fed-Led and Gates-led. Continue reading
Edu Potekmin Village again.
The Hope Street Group is an outfit largely backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The main purpose is to recruit teachers who will advocate for their brand of education programs and agendas, including Common Core.
One of the tactics of this group is to blanket news organizations with Op Ed’s that further the Gates education agenda.
Here’s another ‘Hope Street Group Fellow’ with a rather poorly thought out and hypocritical Op Ed at the Citizen Times, titled Guest columnist: When everything old shouldn’t be new again.
KEEP READING Continue reading
An article from the Asheville Citizen Times was put in my inbox over the weekend titled, “Veteran engineer sees the value of Common Core field testing”.
It’s penned by a man named Ben Owens.
At the bottom of the article is this text:
“Benjamin C. Owens is a 2014 Hope Street Group National Teaching Fellow and math and physics teacher at the Tri-County Early College in Murphy.”
Hope Street Group. AGAIN. Continue reading