An article from the Asheville Citizen Times was put in my inbox over the weekend titled, “Veteran engineer sees the value of Common Core field testing“.
It’s penned by a man named Ben Owens.
At the bottom of the article is this text:
“Benjamin C. Owens is a 2014 Hope Street Group National Teaching Fellow and math and physics teacher at the Tri-County Early College in Murphy.”
Hope Street Group. AGAIN.
The article was written in 2014, prior to Superintendent Atkinson entering North Carolina into a partnership with Hope Street Group.
In 2014, this grant appears to have supported HSG’s expansion beyond Tennessee into states like North Carolina:
Hope Street Group
Date: April 2014
Purpose: to support the Hope Street Group State Teacher Fellows in two additional locations
Regions Served: GLOBAL|NORTH AMERICA
Program: United States
Grantee Location: Sherman Oaks, California
Grantee Website: http://www.hopestreetgroup.org
HSG is a Bill Gates backed ‘education non-profit’ expressly involved in recruiting teachers to promote Common Core. HSG has received millions from Gates.
See: Common Core Potemkin Village: Hope Street Group – Money and History
Owens is also involved with the Center for Teaching Quality, which has received large sums from Bill Gates, much of which for the purpose of driving Common Core, to the tune of over $6.3 million.
Prior Articles on Hope Street Group; ordered newest to oldest:
- For the LULZ… Founding Member of Hope Street Group Attempts Trolling. Fails.
- Gates Backed Hope Street Group Push Agenda Using Wake Taxpayer Resources
- More On NC’s ‘Partnership’ With The Gates Backed Hope Street Group
- Professional Lobbyist Pens ANOTHER Letter to NC Common Core Commission
- An Update On #CommonCore Potemkin Village Resident: Hope Street Group
- Common Core Potemkin Village: Hope Street Group – Money and History
- Another House In the Common Core Potemkin Village: Hope Street Group
You must be logged in to post a comment.